CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Difference between JDM & USDM 3s-gte

I have a JDM 3s-gte engine in my st184, and I was wondering about the differences between the JDM and the USDM models.
    I need to know, because I only have the BGB for the USDM engine, so some things don't make sense.

i would think the US model has goveners on it, but i think thats in the ECU itself? not sure what the difference int he engine layout would be

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by geebes
    You put some GOD damn wheels on that car!!!!

I can't find anything related to the EGR in my engine either. I guess JDMs dont have it.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

^thats the word on the street. EGR's aren't on the JDMs
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

because its jdm you have super forged pistons and rods and your turbo is bigger. you can boost 25psi.

not really. you just dont have egr and have a more aggresive timing tune on your ecu. plus a speed cut at 112? I dunno.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Quote Originally Posted by andy10889
    because its jdm you have super forged pistons and rods and your turbo is bigger. you can boost 25psi.

not really. you just dont have egr and have a more aggresive timing tune on your ecu. plus a speed cut at 112? I dunno.

Alright!!! I knew it! Gonna go boost the hell out of it now

but seriously, yeah, there is a speed cut at 180kph...japanese gentleman's agreement...pretty annoying sometimes when posers in BMWs and Mercedes have a higher top speed despite having crappy engines.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

put a switch on your speed sensor wire. buh bai speed cut!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

which wire would that be? and where? pics?

Thread Information