CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

Default Flashlight/Penlight

I was curious as to which flashlight/penlight you guys use. I bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro last week and just love it. Alot of punch for such a small light.

So what do you all carry in your pocket/tool box?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

some of the guys at school have some sweet matco lights that look like deep sockets..pretty cool...i prefer some sort of pen light so it can get in hard to reach areas and such...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

I have always been fond of Maglight. The 2 AA one is great for keeping in a car door or center console. Can't beat weather/shock proof
    :ohyeah:

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

in the car i have a cheep 3 dollar 9 led light. in the tool bag i have an energizer headband light...the best thing for dark places. it lets you work with both hands and you dont have to put it in your mouth. i dont like the sucking dick look.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

for penlights i use the energizer ones form walmart or when i cant find it an that's 80% of the time i use cigarette lighters with the led light in it. i don't own any Flashlights my son always break them so i don't buy them anymore

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Audi90Quattro
    I was curious as to which flashlight/penlight you guys use. I bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro last week and just love it. Alot of punch for such a small light.

So what do you all carry in your pocket/tool box?
    I have one but I went up to the bigger Jr. Luxeon. It's far brighter, which is what I need for work. The Stylus Pro was nice because it could tuck in the little holes in the steelies to get a look at the brakes but once you were more than a few inches the brightness really faded. Still, I've got it and I'll probably throw it in the car to have.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

i have a pen light but cant find any aaaa batteries for it, I carry a 2AA mag led with me everywhere i go, and have a 2D mag led that i keep in my truck.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

Today at work a new Snap-On truck came through and I almost pulled the trigger on a Streamlight Stinger, but it wasn't with the piggyback charger. Found one BNIB online for $59 and another $50 or so for the batt and piggy back charger. Looking at them today they may be a bit bigger than I want to go. I was looking at the Snap-On's RWD magazine and noticed alot of choices for lights.

Can someone explain to me the difference between an LED bulb and a Xenon bulb? I would assume that the LED bulbs last longer than the xenon, but light output is what Im most concerned with. I've been happy with the Streamlights so far, so I'd like to stick with em.

led bulbs have a much longer lifespan then the xenon bulbs, and they consume less power, so your batteries will last longer.

ive found that the color out of the led is also alot better, more white light, then the standard bulbs, but they do not shine as far.

honestly if you want a good, low cost, led flash light you cant go wrong with this

I pack mine with me every day, and between that and my 10 in one screwdriver its the most handy tool ive got

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Where can you get those?^ i had a maglite like that but the led part was an upgrade u had to het seperate. And it quit working yesterday and cuz of the led upgrade it vouded my warrenty from maglite so i gotta het a nother one
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

i have one with teh led upgrade too.. it sucks compared to the mag one..

and they sell them anywhere you can buy mags

just like donteatbugs - I keep the 2LED head lamp unit with the head strap in the car, best $8 light out there since it keeps both your hands free. It even tilts to put the light right where you need it. Even has a 1 LED red light mode for preserving your night vision for those ninja type missions:

2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

ive got a big 6led head lamp that i use duck hunting. helps tons for thoes dark mornings when we have to set decoys in the water

for carry or pistol tactical I would recommend the surefire ones. They are pricey though.

http://www.surefire.com/E2DL
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

I use a Maglite LED 3-AA light, holy christ does it last... had it for over two years and still going on original batteries, and I used that every time I had to put my head into a ceiling while working.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Quote Originally Posted by goretro77
    for carry or pistol tactical I would recommend the surefire ones. They are pricey though.

http://www.surefire.com/E2DL
    i have a surefire g2 on my m4. bright sombitch. but only lasts about 30min. I need to get the LED conversion for it

Thread Information