CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default I couldn't help myself...

As much as I HATE our snap-on dealer... he came and demoed a new tool...

I couldn't help myself...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

How much did that run you? What are you going to use it for? I always considered one, it would make those wheel changes much quicker.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

I bought the first electric impact Snap On made, and it was damned useful for a first gen electric tool. That must be like butter.
    "The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."
    Michel Foucault

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    How much did that run you? What are you going to use it for? I always considered one, it would make those wheel changes much quicker.
    $370, I put it on the truck credit but it sucks because my credit was finally down to like $50 and then I go and buy something else. *sigh*

I use it whenever I can, it's got enough breakaway power to not have to whip out a pneumatic on most things.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

is it the 3/8's one? cuz my snap-on guy wants like 650 for the 1/2 in one
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's the 3/8
    I was on teh verge of buying one, but the previous model that I have still works.
    ae86+3sgte+supra=fun........

Images

Yeah when he broke that thing out and demoed it in the shop I just thought to myself "Shit..."

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey
    I use it whenever I can, it's got enough breakaway power to not have to whip out a pneumatic on most things.
    So it has decent breakaway, huh? I've been a little apprehensive about battery powered impacts for that reason. I didn't think a 14v would do that much.

I may consider one now... (Don't worry, I won't go cheap! )

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Damn that's nice...
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

ive liked the snap on cordless impacts ive used. they do a good job but at a high price. i went a little cheaper and got a dewalt 1/2 for 200. it does the job abd then some. i can change out my wheels for autox in 15 minutes by myself now with just a floor jack and this impact.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CriScO
    So it has decent breakaway, huh? I've been a little apprehensive about battery powered impacts for that reason. I didn't think a 14v would do that much.

I may consider one now... (Don't worry, I won't go cheap! )
    230ft/lbs breakaway... enough to pull lug nuts off of the new tundras w/ steelies (140ft/lbs).

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Question for you, KJ. What do you think of the Snap-on Blue Point 14.4v impact? It has only 102ft. lbs. of torque(max), but is also about $100 less. The catalogue doesn't even list it's breakaway torque, so I'm kind of skeptical. Would it even be worth it? I'd imagine my primary use would be breaking rusted on bolts. Any chance it could handle it? Or should I just shut up and get the better one?

I was telling one of my employees about your wrench today and it turns out he gets a really good student discount through Snap-on, so I'm thinking about getting one while I have that opportunity. He gave me his catalogue. I'm never going to get that transmission fund started now...

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Images

Blue point does alright for some stuff, if I remember, some of the other guys have the Blue Point without any problems.

But yeah, breakaway is more important to me than overall torque. I'm not sure what the blue point has but the Snappy is fantastic.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Thanks for the input! Since breakaway is my main interest I may just have to splurge for the snappy. I'm sure it will be a worthwhile investment when I start really tearing down the cars.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

I use a ryobi impact at work alot. it only has like 72ft lb tq, so it wont pop lugs off, but it works perfect for driving lag bolts, and prevents you from stripping screw heads out

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

So kj is this a worthy Investment? Oë should i just stick with my air one? U just purchčd a impact driver Today and was consudering this too. What about the 1/2 in also

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Images

Well to be honest I don't usually use the max power of the cordless. Usually I'll just use the air, but sometimes when you've already got the cordless there (I usually start with the cordless before I move on to the air as it doesn't have a cord to hinder the work) it's definitely saves some time. I'd love to buy a 1/2" snappy but they're somewhere in the range of $600... and that's more than I'm willing to spend for the small amount of time saved on it.

To be honest if you don't work on cars for a living or spend a lot of time at a junkyard you'd probably be fine with something way cheaper.

But if you do... I'd recommend it.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Im working át a dealership

Images

Oh, then definitely. But if you can buy it without a credit look on Ebay, they seem to be cheaper there.

And your tool guy will still have to warranty it.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Thread Information