CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default What Conventional Wrenches Do You Use?

Snap On:
    Set, Wrench, Metric, Combination, Long, 12-Point (10 pcs.) (10-19 mm)
    Stock #: OEXLM710B

Like I said, good tools make a big difference. But honestly you can get the flank drive style wrenches from most tool manufacturers. What makes them better is instead of using the edges of the nut/bolt to grab it uses the shoulders. No more rounded off edges. In fact I use these to take off a lot of bolts that others have rounded off.

Pretty sure you can find the same sort of wrench from Sears for less though.

Just, the truck holds a credit for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

I use a set of Metrinch, for both my sockets and combination hand wrenches. Same idea that it grabs the flats rather than the points of the bolt head, though it still is possible to round a head. Only managed it the one time, fittings on a brake line.

They don't offer the set I have anymore, as mine doesn't include screwdriver bits.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

gear wrench makes some good rachet wrenches. 5 degree clicks, and carry the same warrenty as craftsman from sears. just take them in to get exchanges. ill use just about any combo wrech though, im not too picky.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Galcobar
    I use a set of Metrinch, for both my sockets and combination hand wrenches. Same idea that it grabs the flats rather than the points of the bolt head, though it still is possible to round a head. Only managed it the one time, fittings on a brake line.

They don't offer the set I have anymore, as mine doesn't include screwdriver bits.
    Well if you don't get it all the way on the nut it'll still strip... line wrenches are the way to go for brake lines NE ways.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Husky and Gearwrench.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Craftsman

She's sold
    !

My normal wrenches are combination of snapons, craftsman, and some others. The wrenches that are the best in my toolbox though are my Husky racheting endwrenches. They have a swivel top and theyre straight so they dont have the tapered angle, which makes them easy to get into a lot of places a normal wrench wont go.

I got em from home depot and they wre like 65 dollars or something for the whole set starting at 10mm going up to 19 in increments. 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19 I think.

Best tools ive bought for overall use. Those things get used ALOT.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

Right now the only wrenches in my tool boxes are just some cheap sears combo ones. Alot of them are too short to really do any good, but the one I use most would be a 13mm/15mm box end wrench. 11" long and I find it works great for removing any GM oil pan bolt.

I really wanna get into a set of MAC knuckle savers or similar ones from Snap-on or Matco but i dont have the money for those yet.

Majority are Snap ons. Some Craftsman and a set of Metrinch. 12pt and 6 pts.

Delicate wrenching/ fastener work is for Snap on and when its tight space I'll grab for the 12 point. Once I get out in the open I'll use the 6 point closed end side as much as possible.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

matco and craftsman

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I've got craftsman and some Northern wrenches. The northern ones arent too bad actually, sold at northern tool and equipment or the old northern hydraulic. lifetime warrenty and nice priced.

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs
    gear wrench makes some good rachet wrenches. 5 degree clicks, and carry the same warrenty as craftsman from sears. just take them in to get exchanges. ill use just about any combo wrech though, im not too picky.

plus one...some matco tools to come tho...

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs
    I've broken a number of the gear wrenches... guess they don't like getting reefed on too hard.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey
    I've broken a number of the gear wrenches... guess they don't like getting reefed on too hard.
    +1. I've broken a few and gave up using these.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

What grade gear wrenches were they? I guess they have a few different ones out. I know the ones carried by the tool trucks don't seem to be the same as the ones bought from sears. I'm getting a set of gear wrenches tomorrow and im excited to try them out. They warranty em so if it breaks it breaks.

if you put a 4ft pipe on the end of a racheting wrench they do tend to break

Images

No cheater bars, just reffing on them. The gears stripped out.

/fail

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

all my Wrenches and Socket are SK, everything else harbor freight shit

Images

You know, for being cheap as hell, SK does ok.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar

after buying a ingersoll rand Air Compressors ill be poor for the rest of the year, so harbor freight will be the only tool store ill see

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

ive broke a few racket wrenches too. thats why i like the forever warenty from sears. it took me 2 years to break all of them. the 14 went first though. then the 12, 10 and 17

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

sears don't waranty all there tools tho do they?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

most...( work in the auto center) ive never had an issue with them not warrenting them. um i have gearwrench and craftsman
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Been wrenching professionally for 12 years..... NOTHING compares to Snap-on wrenches. Yes I have Snap-on tools...and alot of them. But I choose tools for what they are capable of not the name. A set of flank drive wrenches bt Snap-on is the best period. Why because if you use a wrench for more than just a box end......as in you need the open end too. That is where these shine. They are made of the best steel possible for the application and do do "spread" which results in rounding off. And because of the quality steel they are the slimest wrenches on the market which means you can do more with them.

Ratheting box ends wrenches...... I've always had Gearwrench.... good wrench.
    Just bought the double box end zero offset wrenches. Solid box end on one side and the same size but ratheting on the other. They are owsome for doing stuff like drive belts.

But my most recent addition that amounts to probibly the coolest flex head ratheting box end ever is from Matco. They do everything. 12pt, 6pt, torx, square drive, almost rounded off.......... I love them. Check them out.

http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/to...&page=3&#60443
    living to see 1.5 lateral G's in my autocross car

Images

Damnit we better get a new Matco guy in soon... those look sweet. I think Cornwell has something similar but I'm kinda iffy on their stuff.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Thread Information