CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default What air impacts wrenches do you use?

Right now I've only got my one 1/2"

Snap On MG725

Been pretty happy with it. Best part about it for me, it's got a silencing chamber! Hurray to being able to hear 10 years from now.

PS: The 600ft/lbsFW and 800ft/lbsREV isn't bad either.

EDIT: Mistyped model number *is 725 not 765*
    Last edited by KoreanJoey; 05-18-2008 at 09:23 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

right now, I dont have one I do need to get one though

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

What's great is I don't even own an air compressor...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

and because i dont have an air compressor i have a dewalt cordless impact. rated at 300ft lbs it can change tires and do pretty much anything i need it too. plus i can use it anywhere. it is a little bigger than an air one but being able to use it at the track or in the junkyard is priceless. $200 off of ebay. best tool ive ever bought, beside the magnetic finger of course.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

I also use a Snap-On 1/2" drive impact. I don't remember the model # right now, but I've been using it for the last 6 years without one single issue.

It IS pretty heavy compared to the newer models, but I'm used to it so...:shrug:
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Well, when I used to have compressed air, I use Aircat impacts. A 1/2" drive rated at 840ft.lbs, and a 3/8" drive rated at 350ft.lbs. Not for the everyday user due to the extreme torque output, but by far, hands down the best impact wrenches money can buy.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

I love my IR 2135TI. 1000 ft. lbs nut busting torque in reverse and I believe 700 ft lbs forward. Also the gun only weighs 3.95 lbs so working with it all day long isnt a problem. The tool trucks around here carry them for 250-275 but I was able to snag a brand new one off ebay for $170 shipped. Definitely recommend ti to anyone because of its power to weight ratio.

Im cheap. I have a Central Pneumatic Earthquake

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=2623

Thats it. It isnt horribly expensive, and it works. I havent had anything on an engine or a car ive been working on that thing couldnt take off. Stuck on crank pulley bolts, flywheel bolts, outer axle nuts, etc.

Id rather have a nicer one, but since this one works, Im not replacing it till it breaks.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Audi90Quattro
    I love my IR 2135TI. 1000 ft. lbs nut busting torque in reverse and I believe 700 ft lbs forward. Also the gun only weighs 3.95 lbs so working with it all day long isnt a problem. The tool trucks around here carry them for 250-275 but I was able to snag a brand new one off ebay for $170 shipped. Definitely recommend ti to anyone because of its power to weight ratio.

Oooo, IR Titanium, that was the other impact that I would have picked up...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

I have a "Goodyear" cordless 24v that I got at pepboys for about 80bucks. Worked great for a handful of times I actually used it, but then it broke.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I have one like Luni has.

It hasn't failed yet, but then at the same time I haven't had to use it much more than taking off lug nuts that I was too lazy to muscle off...lol.

I mainly use my grinder I bought from Harbor Freight to cut through things. It doesn't have much power but its great for cutting exhaust pipe and things of that nature.

I love that store, and it isn't a bad place.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

my dad used to be the local matco guy so im loaded with matco tools. I have different size impacts, a few air ratchets, grinders, etc, etc

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Something heavy and big from the 80's but it'll break anything that doesnt give, torque monster

i dont personally have any but my uncle brought up a husky kit that he got from home depot and we swapped my engine with it...held up for the most part...not too bad for a home depot air kit...need to start collecting more and more tools if im looking to be some kind of auto tech in the near future...

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neutered Kittah
    my dad used to be the local matco guy so im loaded with matco tools. I have different size impacts, a few air ratchets, grinders, etc, etc
    I hate you...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

i have the IR2135 TI. its a powerful gun. i work on semi trucks and it gets a lot abuse. after a year i rebuilt it because of power loss. i have Mac 3800 3/8 gun. it has more balls then the new snap-on 3/8 gun and the IR 3/8 gun. most of the time my co-workers borrow my impacts cause there's wont do the trick. i also have a snap-on air hammer, snap on cut off wheel, blue point di-grinder, and a mac 3/8 air rachet.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

IR TI 1/2 3/8 and 1/4 impacts, IR TI 1/2,3/8 air ratchets, silver eagle(matco) angle grinder
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

a 1/4 impact gun?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Yep I never use it but I got in my set from ir while I was in college got a hell of a deal all my impacts and air ratchets for 700 dollars, just bought my angl grinder last week
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

Damn dude, you get a hella deal if you're in tech school for tools...

It's almost enough that I almost said yes to being sent to T-Ten.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Audi90Quattro

Hands down winner.
    AND what Joe SHOULD have bought.
    ae86+3sgte+supra=fun........

Images

Wonder if Eric would take the Snappy in trade...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I had a dream a few months ago that I remember me and some of my friends shooting the Snap-On truck guy with a tranq dart and stealing everything out of the truck .

lol
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

I hate Span-on air tools. Snap-on makes very few air tools I like. And I can't stand having to send them in to snap on every couple of years it seams like for a rebuild at a minimum of $90.
    I use only IR composite impacts.......that's it. Nothing else. They are indestructable. They last forever before needing to be rebuilt. I have 4 impacts----- 2 in 3/8" and 2 in 1/2". A set for home and a set for work. Anyone that is a IR dealer can get parts for them and the parts are cheap. Which also means I can rebuild them myself in as little as a half hour. I have found that new c-clips (that hold on the sockets) are needed about every 6 months after owning it for over 2 years. Then when the c-clips only last about a month that means that the anval is worn out.

So thats when I replace the anval ($35 for the 3/8 and the only one I've replaced yet) and the motor fins all at once. The IR 3/8" was the first one I bought back when they first came out....... it's at home now and it's the only gun thats got the new anval and fins. it lasted for like five years before I did that. The buttons can break on them too but I just keep a spare set handy... I think I've bought 3 sets over the last 6 years or so ofor all my guns.
    I won't use another impact gun. I've owned Snap-on, Mac, Bluepoint, nothing compares to these. I am getting ready to buy the new IR 1/4" composit impact too.
    living to see 1.5 lateral G's in my autocross car

Quote Originally Posted by wraithlj101
    a 1/4 impact gun?
    Yes.... guy at work has the IR composit one. I like it so much I'm going to buy one.
    http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/to...select=&page=5
    living to see 1.5 lateral G's in my autocross car

Thread Information