CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rims

Member Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris's Avatar

Default Rims

I've been checking craigslist for used rims lately, and finally found some that might work for me.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/646677472.html

$350. 16x7, 5x100 bolt pattern. 16 lb for each rim. What do you guys think? And what will I have to do for an offset to make it flush with the body?

Here's another pair I ran into. Not much info on these. Just that they are 16x8.

http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/646809217.html

I'd definately go with the first set you posted up. I think they'd look good, and 16 lbs. is pretty damn good for $350.

I also think there might be some fitment issues on with a 16x8 on a narrow body. I run 17x7's on mine, and don't have too much room to spare.
    She lives!!!

And now thrives. Took 3 years and an embarrassing amount of money, but tooooooooootally worth it
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the second set won't fit (5x4.5)
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris's Avatar

First one it is then. So the 16x7's should be pretty flush, like my stock ones?

Depending on the offset.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    the second set won't fit (5x4.5)
    yep, typical ford pattern is 4.5, so they wont fit. In millimeters its 5 x 114.3. Besides, I think the 1st set will look better

If you are still looking I have a set of 17x8 DR-17 Drags, +40 mm offset, that are brand new in the boxes that I would sell for $400 + shipping.
    "The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."
    Michel Foucault

Hmm, how much would shipping run to 67005?

And I didn't see anything about the offset, unless ET:33 is another way of stating the offset.

Yep, 33 is the offset.
    They will look OK on the front.
    On my car (widebody), I need 25mm spacers to make them sit flush in the rear.
    My wheel are also 16x7 but with 30 offset.

_Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

I would have to check, and ET:33 looks like it might be the offset for those other ones.
    "The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."
    Michel Foucault

Alright, well mine's a narrowbody. So if the front is alright, then the rears should be good too. Thanks guys.

Thread Information