CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Turn your 7th gen into a Ferrari ? Wtf?

Came across this on my local car forum, apparently you ship this company your GT and theyll rebuild it n make it faster n better then a F430 ?

http://www.sensecars.com/index.shtml

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

wwhhaatt? That is a full crazy ass conversion, thats not even a Celica anymore. Lots of custom stuff to put that engine in the back. It must be a completely new car. Other than the interior.. its erry.. I'm curious how good that frame would be in that drivetrain mode. Interesting. Nice find, hope its as good as it looks haha.

you know.. I realize though, they really don't have a finished product picture. The images of the engine in the back in the yellow car is different from the interior pics as you see the car in those is silver. Hrmm....

and the picture of the celica interior above the silver one is red.

and the engine in the yellow one is a ferrari engine... wtf.

maybe BS?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

thats actually pretty cool....but something about it just does not look right, it looks so fake. I think its the length to width ratio, an actual F-40 is a stubby car with a wide wheel base while the celica appears longer

Trying To Learn Something New Each Day caneman is on a distinguished road caneman's Avatar
    caneman has donated to the forums!

Images

Like always, look in the small print for the truth. In this case, the mid-engine V8's photo has the following caption: "V8 Engine replication from composites. Underneath the replica there is lots of storage space for HIFI and luggage!" Did you catch that? The "V8 engine replication from composites" (the web site's english grammar is almost as bad as some of the CelicaTech's posters).

What they're telling you is that the photo is of a fake engine, with storage underneath! We can assume that the ACTUAL engine; the celica engine, is up front where it usually is.

This looks like one of those wonderful offers that looks to good to be true; it should make you hold tight to your wallet and run; don't walk, to the nearest exit.
    Last edited by caneman; 03-27-2008 at 03:52 AM.
    Welcome to the asylum. The inmates are in charge here.

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

That just ain't right - kinda like having an attractive transexual g/f, looks the part and all your friends will be impressed but you'll always know she's not a real girl!

:lolhittin

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Yea, you don't actually get the Ferrari engine. It's just a body conversion, much like the MR2 Ferrari conversion kits. Kinda cool but it would look kinda goofy when you launch one of these things and the front tires spin...ghey.

You're better off investing the money you spend on the conversion and saving up to buy a real Ferrari. Can't beat the real thing.

wait, what part of "90% cheaper" didnt you guys understand? Theres no way theyd do the motor too and it be "90% cheaper"

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

^Just don't launch it...lol

I would do that in a heart beat. Whats the pricing? Seems like one of those, "We withhold that so you contact us." places.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Well if they made a Celica lookalike in some Eastern European country that looked the same (and that's as close as the simlarities were) but was 90% cheaper would you buy it?
    Personally I'd rather have the real thing. I just have this thing about lookalike cars and bikes and stuff, I just can't stand that.
    If I wanted a Ferrari but couldn't afford it I just would stop there....

Its like those damn Wonderbra's....you get the girl home, pop the clasp and Wonder....WTF did those boobs go???

Fake = FAIL in my book. (However I will make an exception for artificial boobs....lmao)

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

You know, I wish companies would produce full body conversion kits that didn't mimic another car already in existence. Like, it'd be cool to be able convert a Celica to look like something different than what it is without making it look like a Ferrari and thus becoming poser #1. I know there already are companies that take cars like Corvettes and make them into their own design, so why not have it be able to do to a car that someone already owns?

^^ Yeah, now that I have no problem with - nothing wrong with making it different but why pretend to be something its not and never will be?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

If it's not a Ferrari, why try to pose like it is? It's like putting a "Type-R" badge on your Honda Element, its just not right.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheNefariousOne
    You know, I wish companies would produce full body conversion kits that didn't mimic another car already in existence.
    Look up the DDR SP4 then!!! I WANT THAT!! Eventually down the road in the future, that way I can put to good use half the junk I already have with my celica's body is dead (rust sucks)

^^^ Mmmm nice, though I think i'd just have to go for the SP8....

and the engine in the yellow one is a ferrari engine... wtf.
    That's a replica engine with "storage space" underneath :smokin:

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti

1986 Toyota MR2 N/A 97rwhp/89lb-ft tq.
    1993 300ZX "Time Machine" TT 374rwhp/398lb-ft tq.
    1992 Probe LX - FWD American Power!

I would rather spend the money trying to do a gtfour 7th gen like fensports rather than something like this.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

CelicaTech Supporter bzdweezy is on a distinguished road bzdweezy's Avatar
    bzdweezy has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cms-gt4
    I would rather spend the money trying to do a gtfour 7th gen like fensports rather than something like this.
    +1 i think that'd be pretty sweet to have someday

i think the 7th gen looks good just how it is
    1992 Celica GT Convertable

R.I.P. 1987 300ZX

1984 300zx Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by anthony560
    i think the 7th gen looks good just how it is

Did you really just say that?

I think you meant; "i think the 7th gen looks good as a pile of scrap metal." :lolhittin

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by midship

Did you really just say that?

I think you meant; "i think the 7th gen looks good as a pile of scrap metal." :lolhittin

Eh... it's still growing on me, too....

I think as new cars get more hideous, the 7th gen starts to look better.

I do luv me a clean GT-S, though.

But yeah... they're no Space Wedge, that's for sure.

Space Wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by midship
    Space Wedge?
    You drive a space wedge. AW11.

Got pics of that ZX anywheres? I briefly had a 93 TT myself with a 1996 JDM Fairlady swap. Bought it when i didn't really make enough money to deal with the issues, and ended up half-assing it just to sell. Still irks me to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    You drive a space wedge. AW11.

Got pics of that ZX anywheres? I briefly had a 93 TT myself with a 1996 JDM Fairlady swap. Bought it when i didn't really make enough money to deal with the issues, and ended up half-assing it just to sell. Still irks me to this day.
    :sneak:

I need to upload some pics of it, but haven't gotten around to it.
    It looks stock, besides the '99 jdm taillights. Which look uber sexy on silver BTW.
    /edit: found one, it's hidden behind the 2.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I know what you mean with the money/issues. My engine hydro-locked after I had it for a few years.
    I then dropped $8,000 into motor, turbos, etc. and it still doesn't run right all the time.
    When it runs, it's the best car ever made, but even today it's sitting at home only firing on 5 cylinders.

/edit
    Actually me and anthony560 were just discussing how much more reliable our new (new to us) Toyotas are compared to our ZXs.
    Last edited by midship; 03-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Thread Information