CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Almost a classic, 23 yrs old...

Short background story:
    I've been in the Celica/Supra scene for 8 years now, the car that got me into this mess was a 1984 Celica GT automatic. Then got a '84 Celica GTS 5 spd some months later and eventually found an '85 Supra that I fell in love with.

Since then, I have had 3 Celicas (my 3rd one was an '85 GTS vert) and 9 Celica Supras (all mk2).

I know she's not full blooded Celica, but figured I'd post her up anyway. I got this car for FREE last September. Automatic, had no reverse, owners said it stopped running. All she needed was a battery and she started up and ran and drove (just not in reverse, but who cares?)

Broken airdam. It broke going on to, and coming off the tow dolly. Just too damn low, lol.

Nice long key gouge down the side of the car.

Custom clear turn signals I had made a few years back, airdam "fixed" temporarily (i.e. tie straps and spray paint)

Changed the rear side markers w/ ones from a Celica XX/Euro Supra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 19celica90 is on a distinguished road 19celica90's Avatar

Images

damn! i really like that. Good find!

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Very nice.

She's sold
    !

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Wow, looks great, I wish I could find one that nice.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

thats perty.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Thanks guys. I'll have a ton more pictures to post soon, as I've been working on a secret build for the car. Don't want to post anything up yet until it's finished (which should be within the next month)

hmmmm
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Quote Originally Posted by 85gtsblackman
    hmmmm

uh oh someones in love.

nice car!

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

:lolhittin

Nice car too

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Welcome aboard.

I have always liked the MkII.

It will be my next Celica acquisition.

As soon as the wife says I can buy another car.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

uh oh someones in love.
    yeah you know it, and she already did, but being 3000+ miles away wont work

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

^lol

She's sold
    !

I'll be back in Florida next week to see my kids, I'll wave as I'm flying over Jax from Atlanta

yeah man nice car it looks good
    1992 Celica GT Convertable

R.I.P. 1987 300ZX

1984 300zx Turbo

yeah man .....
    fail

I'll be back in Florida next week.....
    hmm if i get the gt-s running again by then, well i got to anyway

So...... back in January I picked up a JDM 3.0 block off of craigslist for $50. Got it home, tore it apart to find out that the crank and rods were wasted. Luckily my bf had a spare 6M crank laying around and I was able to get a set of free 7M connecting rods. Dropped everything off at the machine shop in February, got stuff back at the end of February and started putting the engine together.

Got the engine in the car and running on 4/20, got the car dyno'd yesterday at 155rwhp and 175ft/lbs. Engine is bored .030" over with high comp (9.7:1) pistons and the rest of the goodies that were on the stock 5M (header, intake, etc).

Oh yeah, it's a 5 speed now too. No more auto!

ENGINE BUILD & INSTALL:

kills. i only see one problem with those pictures. too clean. i feel like im neglecting my celica now even tho its my first and just got it

wait, I thought the age for a car to be a classic was 20? I know my grand prix is a classing and its an 86. Anyway it looks great

omg i love this car !

Quote Originally Posted by celicaGT90_05
    wait, I thought the age for a car to be a classic was 20? I know my grand prix is a classing and its an 86. Anyway it looks great

think most places it is 25, some places say 20. I know I won't be emissions exempt until it is 25, but that's ok... should pass emissions with no EGR if I keep the cat on it.

yeah I know here its 20. Do you have to have yours emissions tested? We dont have to lol btw that motor looks perfect in that car

Ok, so I washed the car yesterday and even spray painted my front bumper to get some good pics

Overexposure fun

The rest are kinda boring, but going to post them anyway bc I spent most of my day trying to get good shots.

That car is so freaking hot...
    I'm jealous for about 30 reasons...

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Every guys dream on c-tech!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

New old school kicks for the car

Thread Information