CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Official CelicaTech post a pic of your lowered car

ok, this is for my personal use, but also on c.net, people kept making new threads about pics of lowered cars. so..
    1) post a pic of your car
    2) tell us what springs they are, spring rates, what struts you have, what you paid etc...
    3)size of wheels

this might clear up a lot of worthless threads if it all gets covered in this thread.

if you have them, also post some "before" pics too. i'd like to see H&Rs, and the Eibach prokit. but if your car is lowered with anything, post a pic here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM: ibanezgfx

well all 4 of my shocks are blown and my rear springs have a lil sag

post pic?

its lowered :hihi:
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Eibach Pro Kit:

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

KYB/Koni dampers, PI springs - shit. Car wallows in the twisties and the bump stops are never far from another smack.
    06 BMW 320Cd
    02 Mini Cooper Race Car
    94 ST205 Japanese Import
    92 ST185 Carlos Sainz

lookin good
    lets get some more now!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco bloodredgt is on a distinguished road bloodredgt's Avatar

i'll post some up AFTER i get my H&Rs installed. They're sitting in my trunk right now!!!!! It's gonna be paired with stock shocks and gt-s wheels. 205/55/zr16
    White 5th Gen GT-S 5 speed SOLD
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 6spd

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezgfx
    ok, this is for my personal use, but also on c.net, people kept making new threads about pics of lowered cars. so..
    1) post a pic of your car
    2) tell us what springs they are, spring rates, what struts you have, what you paid etc...
    3)size of wheels

this might clear up a lot of worthless threads if it all gets covered in this thread.

if you have them, also post some "before" pics too. i'd like to see H&Rs, and the Eibach prokit. but if your car is lowered with anything, post a pic here!

in the pic is H&R on stock struts the drop is 30mm
    and tire and wheel package is 215 40 zr16 toyo ts1's on miglia cronus wheels
    David

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredgt
    i'll post some up AFTER i get my H&Rs installed. They're sitting in my trunk right now!!!!! It's gonna be paired with stock shocks and gt-s wheels. 205/55/zr16
    you got a coupe or hatch?
    let me know how that goes with the stock struts. i thought that you had to replace them or theyd blow..

If they don't get replaced and are quite old, they will probably blow on short order. Against my advice, he is taking the cheap way out and will regret it later.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

hondanomore

Stuts would be nice, especially if you're paying to do it cause you'll have to pay again to have it all re-done. But i know you've already been through all that speech so I'll leave you alone blood. I have pics of my old auto-x beater on H&R's but a civic hatchie doesn't look much like a celica so that won't help you.

let me know how that goes with the stock struts. i thought that you had to replace them or theyd blow..
    even if they don't blow they still won't be strong enough for aftermarket springs and you'll have a nice bouncy wavy ride. But this is about pics, sorry to get off topic.
    Last edited by hondanomore; 12-10-2004 at 01:25 AM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco bloodredgt is on a distinguished road bloodredgt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan
    If they don't get replaced and are quite old, they will probably blow on short order. Against my advice, he is taking the cheap way out and will regret it later.
    yeah i know i went against your advice and paying for installation of the springs sucks :thumbsdow but i didn't have to pay for the installation of my springs

I know they will blow out soon, but heck they look sweet and dude the ride height is perfect. Just what i wanted. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I'll eventually get new shocks but I know someone who can get me KYB GR-2s for $20 each if i need them.

The ride is way stiffer than it used to be and i mean WAY STIFFER. It's so much easier to take a turn at higher speeds. I would like to recommend H&R because I am not regreting them at all. Go with H&R and you WILL be happy. Ask david in germany, he's doing the same as i am.

My Babe is on Ground Control Coilovers (Eibach springs)
    Tommy

"On the first roll 7 or 11 is a winner, any other time 11 is irrelevant and 7 is craps after you establish the point, the point being 4,5,6,8,9, or 10. 2,3 and 12s are only relevant on the first roll and they’re craps, money gone but the dice stay, just cos I taught you the game don’t mean you know how to play it and damn sure don’t make you a hustler."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Eibach prokit + KYB Struts. Those are Motegi MR7's in 17x7 if anyone doesn't know.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezgfx

pictures were taken in different lighting, the first at around 4:00pm and the second around 6:30am (right before zero period).

I can say that i DO NOT regret doing this mod AT ALL. It's like changing the wheels from the stock steelies to 7th gen gt-s wheels, IOW changing the stance and attitude of the car.

My car is riding on stock struts and 205/55/zr16 or was it 205/50/zr16. Not sure but it was one of those two.

The suspension feels decently stiff just the way I like it. It feels like my brother's mkiv supra SE suspension. I can tell you that this GREATLY increases the ability to take a turn faster. I used to be able to take a certain turn only at about 35mph, but now i can take it at 50-55mph without the tires chirping. I think if you're thinking about lowering your car, go with H&R springs and don't order from cardomain.com They lagged and my order came in a month+ after it was ordered. Go to tirerack.com and order it there, they at least tell you if it's in stock at one of their warehouses. BTW David in Germany greatly influenced my decision to go with the H&Rs. You should PM him. He gave me some great input

check my sig...

17"rims wit 40 series tires..
    apex springs
    koni reds adjustables..
    3sgte..
    13psi

5thgenner

In my sig...

Eibach Sportline Kit. KYB GR2 struts. 205/50/15 Falkens

hey, sorry this is off topic but, bloodredgt your brother has a mkIV supra SE?? thats funny because my brother has a mkIV supra SE, but automatic. Where are you from in socal?? im on the border of riverside and colton (909 area). Maybe we can get a chill some times.

Junior Member CUcelica is on a distinguished road

See Sig.
    1990 Gray GT
    1990 White All-Trac

17"s. Eibach uhh...1.5" I think. Sportlines? I can't remember, but one lowered 1in the other 1.5.

I'm usin KYB GR2 in the rear and stocks in the front (because cartridges confused me at the time when I did my suspension...LOL) Stocks haven't blown yet. But the rear were blown so it was necessary to buy new ones. I think it was like 60 for each rear strut, and around 210 for the springs, honestly can't remember.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco GRUMPY514 Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. GRUMPY514's Avatar
    GRUMPY514 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Wow very nice pic. What camera did you use how many Mps is it (mega pixels) ???.

CF AT hood?

Originally Posted by Asinine
    The homoerotic undertone in this thread is so thick you could cut it with a butt plug.

Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I'd sell my grandmother into slavery for a night with her.......

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Eibach Pro-Kit, US$203.50 1" drop
    KYB GR-2 struts/cartridges US$175.99
    Stock 14x6" wheels w/ 185/65R14 tires

Before:

After
    Last edited by Galcobar; 09-16-2005 at 05:33 AM.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY514
    Wow very nice pic. What camera did you use how many Mps is it (mega pixels) ???.

CF AT hood?
    Yep CF AT hood...its like a AT hood with the scoop and vents twice as big though really.

I don't know the camera, my friend is a pretty good photographer so he takes pics for me...but I'm pretty sure its a Canon something. Rebel maybe? He said it was 900 something bux O_O

17" wheels, teins springs, kyb struts.

Details here.

(click image for 800x600 version)

Dampers: KONI 8610-1437 Race strut inserts
    Springs: Ground Control Kit: 440 f / 400 r
    Wheels: stock 92/93 GT wheels 15x6
    Tires: 215/50/15 Dunlop SP5000
    Ride Height: 5.25" F / 5.75" rear (~1.5" drop measured at seams)
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

are those Teins off of a 6th Gen Celica?

1993 Celica GT-S - Eibach ProKit, Alltrac Hood, CS Bumper, JDM Clear Corners, Clear Front Bumper, 35% Tints, Kicker RMB8, Lenso Samurai Bronze 17" Wheels

2007 GTI - NewSouth Boost Gauge, APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

Thread Information