CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The ignorance in people today...

Scares me. This guy on RX7club was telling a potential alltrac buyer this -

60k miles is about on par with when you should be ready to replace your turbo if you have turned up the boost. on stock boost 100k is starting to push it.

the all-trac is not what you think it is, its not a toyota quality DSM.
    its basically a junky camry motor with some boost and a glass transmission that is impossible to work on. doing a clutch job is a huge ordeal on those cars, and the transmissions are frighteningly weak.
    those era toyota engines do just leak, constantly. but they run forever in a camry(btw they made AWD camrys of the same era also)

the all-trac celica has far too many weak links to make it a good modifiable car. keep it stock and i'm sure you can have fun with it though, just be careful.

junky camry motor?!?!? glass transmission?!!? wow... what?!
    i'm not starting shit but jeez! come on!!

when did they make AWD camrys? what a douche. and yea the 3sfe or whatever it is in the camry is EXACTLY the same as the 3sgte... ok guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

don't you just love the internet and all its experts hahahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

There IS a camry alltrac, but I'd have left a mushroom shaped bruise on the forehead of the aforementioned rx7 owner
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

They did make a Camry Alltrac.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

no way. i did not know that! it must be super rare and horribly unreliable. haha

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

yeah, I have seen it come up in parts listings at the parts stores, I've never seen one but believe they did do so

god its true, though with a v6 and not the venerable 3s..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...rticleId=46002

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

I think hes cross referencing camry alltrac and celica alltrac..... all in all he knows about as much as toy_celi.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 19celica90 is on a distinguished road 19celica90's Avatar

Images

with all due respect to rx7's(i love them!) but he doesnt have much room to talk. the 2nd-3rd gen rx-7's have just enough of their own probs to make them a "un-reliable car" rotaries were once known for engine fires, oil caking, shitty vaccum lines and ratty wiring. but i guess the 3sgte does suck thats why toyota put it in their best rally cars and like won all these awards and it was produced thru ~3 decades and still proved to be powerful in our modern times

the 2nd and 3rd gen? there were only 3 gens of RX-7's so you're referrencing to the final gen? The one gen RX-7 I didnt like is the 1st, my uncle use to have one but I find them ugly. I use to study them but sadly a lot of that knowledge is gone now. The major thing I hate about rotaries isnt that they require more maintanace, but they consume a LOT of gas

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

they also burn a shit load of oil

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT
    There IS a camry alltrac, but I'd have left a mushroom shaped bruise on the forehead of the aforementioned rx7 owner
    :lolhittin :lolhittin

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Lol, thats funny right there....RX7's are renknowned for their reliability.....NOT!

FWIW there are 3 generations of RX7 but 8 series or models which is why some people get confused about them.
    Gen 1 includes Series 1 (79-80) Series 2 (81-83) & Series 3 (84-85) These are all the original shape with various upgrades and face lifts.
    Gen 2 includes Series 4 (86-88) & Series 5 (89-92) These are the Porsche 944 shape ones and included the first widely available turbo models (there were turbo Series 3's but JDM only)
    Gen 3 includes Series 6 (92-95) Series 7 (96-98) & Series 8 (99-02) These are the 'batmobile' shape.

And Camry's - junky?? Boring maybe, but not junky - who is this guy?
    8 hours for a clutch job is hardly an ordeal and its not like you have to do that every week! And whoa? 'frighteningly weak transmissions'???? he should take a look at Mazda 323 turbo 4wd, Subaru and Mitsubishi Evo transmissions before throwing stones in the direction of celica's!
    Gotta go clean my transmission with Windowlene and put a drip tray under the engine.......

Link to the thread, please.

Time for some APEX SEALS LOLOLOLZZZ

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44

Time for some APEX SEALS LOLOLOLZZZ
    Yeah! And maybe a high mileage rotary engine poll??

Must have confused the glass transmission with another AWD car...the Subies.

yeah this guy is absolutely ridiculous. update on what he's said

"its the same engine design, who cares about the head flow? its still got a weak deck layout, crap crank, and an oil leaker.
    and the transmissions are glass and impossible to find used.

and for trivia bonus points, this is the car that got toyota thrown out of rally for a year and a half when they got caught cheating by bypassing the turbo restrictor."

seriously? :thumbsdow

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    Yeah! And maybe a high mileage rotary engine poll??
    high mileage in rotary is like break in time for a 3sgte lol...
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Quote Originally Posted by italianmr2kid
    yeah this guy is absolutely ridiculous. update on what he's said

"its the same engine design, who cares about the head flow? its still got a weak deck layout, crap crank, and an oil leaker.
    and the transmissions are glass and impossible to find used.

and for trivia bonus points, this is the car that got toyota thrown out of rally for a year and a half when they got caught cheating by bypassing the turbo restrictor."

seriously? :thumbsdow

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Wow this kid is a joke, he must be confused with AWD Eclispe Transmissions. 3SGTE's need new turbos at 60k on stock boost? Lawl.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 19celica90 is on a distinguished road 19celica90's Avatar

Images

if anything, the 3s has a rep with blowing headgaskets and cracking ringlands, but thats because the owners boost em way too high w/o proper tuning. 13b's on the other hand with proper tuning can cause detonation, blown apex seals or engine fires. they make a lot of heat and usually melt things like oh...wiring harnesses, sensors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    Lol, thats funny right there....RX7's are renknowned for their reliability.....NOT!
    its not so much them not being reliable, its that you have to do a lot to maintain them, which means they deffinately are not for everyone

Nvm guise, i found the thread lawl.

There is a Camry All-Trac in a local junkyard. It would be a neat car to have, maybe do a 3SGTE swap, and tear up some subies with...

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thread Information