CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Carlos Sainz project

Hi there guys..

You will properly be seeing me alot in her... My project is this...

Looks nice, right?

Easy project, right?

Really nice car, 167.000km and booked all the way.

Horror :smokin:

Can you see what this is, and what have happend? :thumbsdow

I have a banged up 92 alltrac to take all the parts from, I´am just hoping that the wiring loom is not that different.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

its nice but what the hell is up with the engine bay. it needs a cleaning real bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    She's sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

A small fire maybe? I don't really know what else could have caused the localized corrosion. There's a lot of white crap in the bay too... (extinguisher residue maybe?)

Does it run?

~bloodMoney
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

I like the color.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Oh noes!!

battery jizz?
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Fire and a CO extinguisher... I bought it like this... A guy has mounted a FPR, and that one has blown the return hose off ... :-(

Look at the red line.

Has anybody seen this mod before?? I cant tell where it has been going because its burned. But it ends up in the oil cap.

Seems really weird to me.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

oh snap
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Dont worry guys, its going to live again..
    Plans are.

Custom 3" exhaust
    MS2 engine mangement, no AFM
    upgradede ct26
    Cheap Ebay exhaust manifold kit of ebay.
    maybe 650 injectors, but are not for sure yet.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

I like your supras!!!! I really want one of those!

hehe okay guys... :-D You really like those supra´s.. Its also a great car wish can easily make 350hp. But its heavy like shit, and sometimes it feels like driving a tank, until you floor it.

Pictures of the red supra (targa) http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=107805
    Pictures of the white supra http://bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=1519

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

That would be a fire from the fuel. The fuel filter is down in that location.. seems there was something that happened between that and the fuel rail. Definitely some work, good luck!

TheAutoholic

Quote Originally Posted by quark

Look at the red line.

Has anybody seen this mod before?? I cant tell where it has been going because its burned. But it ends up in the oil cap.

Seems really weird to me.
    Never seen or heard of this before. Maybe it contributed to the fire. Oil fires = baaaaad.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Love your cars, hope to see this running again soon!

Best of luck.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

What is this?

That is possibly part of the "mod".
    Maybe some kind of vent?
    Looks too large for anything else, unless it was used to fill the engine. :shrug:

A regular ST185 harness will run the engine, but it is a bit different.
    No wiring for your IC pump or IC, nothing to the IC ECU, and you'll have to change the AFM connector.
    I would source a ST185 harness and use the wiring to repair the CS wiring.
    I've also got a good bit of experience with wiring in general and 3SGTEs as well. :shrug:

YOU FOUND IT! :-D Thats a aftermarket FPR. It has blown the tube of, and gas has pissed out from there.. Its really looks like amature work.

Okay, the IC pump will be a problem. I just took the Engine wiring out of it yesterday, it worthless, I cut it with a saw.

Is the IC pump on the engine harness? I did notice the plug on the IC for waterlevel. But that sensor is also burned.

Will the stock ST185 harness connect to the Carlos Sainz ECU? And where is the IC ecu located?

I am think you to run the pump over a relay and then skip everything else, where is the pump anyway?

Lots of studip questions i know, but 1 time working on a st185, and oh man it hard to work on compared to my supra´s.

Ps. I have to use the ST185 AFM, is that a problem?

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm 99% sure the wiring for the pump is part of the engine harness, the stock 185 loom *should* connect to the CS ECU but you will have to swap some of the pins around to suit. The pump is mounted on the chassis rail, left hand front (on the wheel side). If you are going to modify the pump to run constant on you should be able to just wire it in separately anyway. The I/C ECU is mounted in the dash behind the radio, above the main ECU.
    You could probably run the ST185 AFM but it is quite a bit smaller and also has different pin-outs to the standard item.
    Considering the damage you have there I'd probably be thinking about MAP ECU or similar and getting rid of the AFM completely.

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Here's a link to the ECU pinouts http://www.alltrac.net/reference/

damn that sucks...glad you will fixing it. and that is one sweet ride. love the color

all i can say is i cant wait to see when its finished! atm im not jelous but i will be lol

Originally Posted by geebes
    You put some GOD damn wheels on that car!!!!

that car looks great, especially with those wheels. Honestly, it shouldnt be too bad of a fix, pull the motor, clean up the bay, maybe some new spray and if you need a new motor drop it in.

Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    I'm 99% sure the wiring for the pump is part of the engine harness, the stock 185 loom *should* connect to the CS ECU but you will have to swap some of the pins around to suit. The pump is mounted on the chassis rail, left hand front (on the wheel side). If you are going to modify the pump to run constant on you should be able to just wire it in separately anyway. The I/C ECU is mounted in the dash behind the radio, above the main ECU. You could probably run the ST185 AFM but it is quite a bit smaller and also has different pin-outs to the standard item.
    Considering the damage you have there I'd probably be thinking about MAP ECU or similar and getting rid of the AFM completely.
    okay, thanks for the pinout, that will be helpfull..
    Jep i think that i will make the pump run constant.
    Okay the AFM i smaller... I have the AFM, but the eletronic is meltede on it, i will try to see if I can swap it around.

I have a MS2 project running. Just need a little more info about the 3sgte engine´s, havnt worked that much with them.. :-) Thats why I am here..

Jep it will be running in juli.
    Last edited by quark; 03-17-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Sounds good - best of luck with your project!

I am think of buying af OEM wiring harness from toyota, but its big bucks. 1500 dollars. And then i need the AFM also.. I dont know what i will do, I would like to keep it as original as possible.

Injectors size Carlos vs. Alltrac?

Thread Information