CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default probably ditching 5sfe for V8 power

just about to finish building a smallblock 350. the stock motor was given to me and i decided to build it up with plans for putting it my 97 mazda b2300 pickup. the motor has the works having an extreme energy comp cam, springs, valves, roller rockers, edelbrock performer dual plane intake, edelbrock performer 650cfm carb, msd distributor, gear drive for the cam, new bottom end, .030 overbore, etc. this motor will be making alot of power.

anyway, i have been wanting to take on another challenging project to keep me busy. so i have been thinking about putting this motor and tranny in the celica. i've actually given it alot of study and thought. i've taken measurements and it will definately fit. there will be some fabbing as far as mounts, crossmembers, driveshaft, may have to cut and widen the center area between the floor pans. that is probably not gonna be too involved.

also, i'll be converting over to rwd. which won't be a problem considering i can source all the parts. i'll have to pull the gas tank and use a different fuel cell. definately going to have to build a crossbrase in the hatch and stiffen a couple areas of the body.

not sure about hood clearance yet. i'd have to actually get the motor in the bay and float it into the posistion that is going to gain me the best bell housing clearance. it's quite possible that i will have to cut the hood and put a scoop on it. haven't quite decided if i'm going to run the exhaust all the way back or not. that will be a decision i make in the end. depends mainly on available space.

i'll definately have to stiffen the front suspension to handle the extra weight.

i'm sure there will be other small issues i run into during the process, but that's expected.

so those are my plans. i'm not 100% set on doing this yet. i'm going to give it some more thought over the next couple weeks. i figure if a guy can stuff a twin turbo 1uzfe into a gt4 then a smallblock will fit no problem.

if i do this then i'll be parting my 5sfe to help fund it.

thoughts...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Your crazy! lol I love it.....I vote you do it, but you'll have to do a detailed build thread so we can keep up with all the fun you are gonna have!

Isn't that going to be some SERIOUS nose weight, though?
    "The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."
    Michel Foucault

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Do it! I WANT to see this done.... Cept with 1uzfe J/k Nah, this would be cool if you did it.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hemlocke
    Isn't that going to be some SERIOUS nose weight, though?
    nah, it's nothing springs and shocks can't take care of. i'll be seating the motor back as far as possible. according to my measurements, if i can mount the motor where i plan to, then that will put the front of the motor about 6in or so from the radiator. that's only rough measurements though so it could be more or less. there is some uncertainty with this. it's one of those things that i won't be 100% sure of what i'm getting into until i pull my motor and lower the 350 into the bay.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Cool, and good luck with it.
    "The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us."
    Michel Foucault

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

This would be cool. Some of the MR2 guys are going through the research to put Audi V6s and V8s into the MR2. It seems possible, but a lot of work.

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

I vote for this.

Motion passed.

Don't put the exhaust all the way back. Straight pipes and cut outs ftw.

That will be AWESOME.

Would you sell your 5sfe whole?
    Should your kill list include your own car?

93 ST- Dead

90 GT- Evelyn
    - Modified Ram Air intake
    - Eibach sportlines with KYB gas struts
    - 2000 GTS 16" wheels w/ Kuhmos
    - 93 tails w. vented corners
    - All trac hood
    - JDM Corners and clear signals
    - TWM Short Shifter

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

i would sell the head as one peice...bolt on horsepower. the rest is up for grabs.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Sacrilege!!!! Putting a chevy rwd motor in a fwd toyota!!!!

I guess whatever floats your boat though. I am actually interested in seeing it done though.

Maybe I missed this the first time I read it, but what rear end setup are you gonna use, independent?, solid axle?, posi?

Ford 9" and a Chebby powerglide!!!

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Redneck!

psssssst just buy a 3rd gen off some old person for 500 and it will make things a million times easier.

but i would like to see a rwd 5th gen with a all aluminum v8
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Do it. I doubt the nose weight would be more than an awd transfercase and 400lb T4 sitting over the front wheels.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Junior Member revv_head is on a distinguished road revv_head's Avatar

Hookeecho if you part your 5S-FE i offer $450 for yor head!
    1990 TOYOTA CELICA SX

MSN:

Myspace: myspace.com/revv_head

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tuner4life
    Sacrilege!!!! Putting a chevy rwd motor in a fwd toyota!!!!

I guess whatever floats your boat though. I am actually interested in seeing it done though.

Maybe I missed this the first time I read it, but what rear end setup are you gonna use, independent?, solid axle?, posi?
    i'm going to use the gt4 rear differential, driveshafts, hubs, carriers, etc.

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by revv_head
    Hookeecho if you part your 5S-FE i offer $450 for yor head!
    i'll take that into consideration. you won't be getting the port & polished head though. i promised it to someone else. i'm going to put the cams in my old head. which was milled .040in and has a 3 angle valve job. i only put 2000 miles on that head before swaping out to the p&p'd head. you can port match it yourself if you want. send me a pm.

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

i need someone to take a picture of the under carriage of their alltrac. i need to see how the exhaust is routed. on the gts it's routed down the center. i figured that on the alltrac that is where the driveshaft is.

Traitor! Burn the witch!
    Good luck by the way. You might have to cut out your spare tire well also, I know the 185s is shallower than the 184 for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hookecho
    i'm going to use the gt4 rear differential, driveshafts, hubs, carriers, etc.
    I don't think the GT4 rear diff is strong enough for that amount of hp/torque. Seen enough rear diff's shattered with 400-600 bhp ST185/205. With the 50/50 distribution that would mean a GT4 rear diff only can take between 200-300bhp. Hope you dont consider taken it to a 1/4 mile event with drag radials.
    JDM Powerplant installed, BPU on its way!

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

it's not going to be a drag car. so the stress of launching won't be a factor. the guy who has the 1uzfe v8 in his gt4 is pushing 600hp with only the stock rear differential. i think the rear end is pretty stout. there's alway's that chance of breaking something though. gotta pay to play.

The Notorious P.I.G.

Images

don't think i mentioned it above. definately going to have to cut into the bottom of the firewall and tunnel it out to make more room for the tranny. that's no problem though. hacking away at sheet metal is the easy part.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

vote go for it!!!!!!!!!! def pictures though.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

yes like andy said so. go fot it!!!!! and yes we demand pics or ban...hehehe

Thread Information