CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cracked rim

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Default cracked rim

so this past month's been pretty bad. my old black rims are toast. two rims are good. one is bent, and the other is bent and cracked. so i picked up a set of racking hart c4 rims. i recently found out that i have a small fracture along the edge of it that leaks air pretty bad. takes about 2 hours to go flat. i called a few places and found only 2 places that fix cracked rims and even then they have to be see the rim to tell me if they can fix it. =(. have u guys ever had a rim repaired a cracked rim and if this a reliable fix or will it still be not as strong as the rim once was?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

I now a guy who used to do it for a living. Fixed Ferrari rims that cost $6 grand. If they say they can fix it, they can. They'll weld up the crack, machine the weld down and repaint the wheel. It's not cheap. Usually if the rim costs less than $150-200 new, they'll tell you to buy a new rim.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

its not scuffed or anything though. so i wonder if it'll be cheaper.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Thread Information