CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Seems like the company is really slacking with its customer service. I mean, 2 months wait for a rom tune? wow. what if you need to drive your car during that 2 months?
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

eh, I don't think its as serious as everyone makes it out to be. As some have complained before on the MR2OC board, I'll say the same thing -

1. Wait, be patient, ultimately these are reputable companies that produce great parts for our cars. The 3S driven world is not a large market, we are lucky to have the support that we do.

2. If your modding your car to this extent, you should be able to plan for the down time. If not, then you shouldn't be modding your car to this extent and you might need to re-think your strategy.

Granted, in this case.. 2 months I think is the longest one should wait on a rom tune, 3 months would be pushing it. So there is an expectation our vendors need to follow through with, but in the end if most of us are just patient, we get exactly what we were after.

i thought the idea of a rom tune was to have a plug and play solution with little to no downtime?

2months is not acceptable imho. That kind of wait would definitely be a deal breaker for me. I can understand 2-4weeks max, but any longer then that just tells me that the company has put the rom tunes on the back burner while they focus on new customers and other projects.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Not to dismiss your objectivity Lagos, as I do agree as well.. but I need to take this thread and move on.

Denver - have you used your Rom tune yet? I got my car running today, though it is only running on 3 cylinders. I am afraid it is the ECU, I have compression in that cylinder, fuel and spark. Let me know if you have yours up and running yet. I will be contacting ATS shortly.

yeah, it came about a week ago. i hooked it up, but i haven't tryed to start it yet since ive been trying to replace my suspension arm bushings with some superpro ones, and the stock ones don't want to come out...

Im shooting to have everything done & running by next weekend...
    ^Ted^

Images

well, I let the car sit and came back to it, now I'm on all 4 cylinders.. not sure what it up with that. I'm leaving it up to a fresh engine, valves might be sticky, rings might need to seat better, etc. Either way, there is only a small miss in it now. The car does not want to go into boost though, I will be working on it... its just very difficult when at the core I know the tune has changed so I'm not sure what I can and can not do yet.

Images

welp, I might have found my culprit, as disassembling the ignition system for inspection, the line from the coil to the dizzy cap, the line actually snapped at the metal prong going into the dizzy cap. Yep, that could cause issues. So, I'll replace and go from there. I was able to get the car fairly happy on off boost driving conditions. This is good news.

Images

Apparently this was not the culprit to my misfire. I have changed - cap, rotor, ignitor, coil, plugs, wire set, main engine relay, main EFI relay, O2, nothing yet has fixed this misfire and I am not showing any codes.

I'm about to try re-pinning my ECU plugs and use the 92 ECU that is available for me to swap and test.

um, wouldn't it just be easier to find a 91-92 mr2 turbo thats local, and swap his stock ecu in really quick to test it.

i bet if you made a request on MR2OC or your local mr2 board, you could find someone...
    ^Ted^

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Denver_whiteST185
    um, wouldn't it just be easier to find a 91-92 mr2 turbo thats local, and swap his stock ecu in really quick to test it.

i bet if you made a request on MR2OC or your local mr2 board, you could find someone...
    I'll try.. we'll see who comes up.

so, i got the last of the parts to put my suspension back together today. im shooting for having it done friday, but that might not happen (calc test friday morning, and alot of studying before then)

once the car is back on all fours, i'll see how she runs...
    ^Ted^

Images

Good luck Denver.. I'm still having the same issues.

your telling me that there isn't another guy with a 90-91 alltrac or halftrac, or a 91-92 MR2 in florida?!?!?
    ^Ted^

Images

your telling me that there isn't another guy with a 90-91 alltrac or halftrac, or a 91-92 MR2 in florida?!?!?
    Not many alltracs around here, and those that are I don't hear from anymore (closest alltracs are 60 miles) and no other half tracs than the two in my garage that I'm aware of until Tampa (250 miles probably). There are some 91/92 MR2's, and I've put a request out but haven't heard anything yet.

Images

Well.. I know ATS is the 'FI' forum sponsor and stuff.. but, I'm just going to throw this out there, it has not been a perfect ride here.

Not only the issues with timing for the rom tune, but I have contact Aaron and had asked 'where do we go next?' pretty much. I haven't gotten any replies, I've asked for either a stock tune chip, a stock ECU or at least ship mine back to ATS so they can install it an confirm its operations, but nothing. Infact, I feel that I have been left out in the cold a bit here. Not much support here at all.

So, in that time frame at least Lagos, one of our board members has stepped up to assist. He is going to have the ECU tuesday and will be able to use it and confirm its operations.

I don't think that is something extremely difficult to ask of ATS, but I haven't even had that amount of support. I'm at about wits end here, not sure if this has been worth it or not.

well, if my car doesn't run after i get all my suspension stuff installed, aaron is going to get a piece of my mind, and a paypal dispute.
    ^Ted^

unless hell swallows my car tonight, i suspension upgrades will be done by tomorrow morning, and it should be running (atleast enough to get it to an alignment shop) by tomorrow afternoon.

any luck on getting through to ATS about your issues?
    ^Ted^

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    Im holding out for the user tunable ecu thats being developed.

wut is this u speak of???
    havent heard bout it?

its my sleeper....

Images

any luck on getting through to ATS about your issues?
    Oh ya, Aaron has been active in my thread in FI titled 'my crapass car' lol. The ECU was confirmed to be at fault by Lagos and its on the way back to ATS as we speak. Aaron expects a quick turn around time and will be testing the unit on a car there are the shop to ensure correct operation before I get it back, again.

Quote Originally Posted by 90celicaGTX
    wut is this u speak of???
    havent heard bout it?

Happy reading..
    http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=238426
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Well.. I'm still trying to figure my cold start issues.. holly hell is horrible! Car wants to idle at 400-600 rpms very rough, at first sign of gas it bogs and does not want to rev up. Eventually it will, and I will have to hold it at about 1600-1800 until its about 170 degrees in the coolant. I have inspected the IAC, replaced it, with no results. I also show no codes.

Secondly though, and worse, the car has begun to not act as 'smooth'. The car feels like it wants to pull back around 3200rpm. No changes have been made. Not sure what to think, I haven't messed with it much lately though, maybe in a few days. I'll try to reset the ECU and see what happens.

Holy crap! I cannot believe they charge you $600 and put the lid back on like that!!!!

Any electronics engineer should know that you want to keep moisture out of circuits like these at all costs!!

Images

Resetting the ECU has taken care of whatever was pissing it off.. after 4 cruises the car is not pulling back on light throttle and back to smooth operation.

Only two issues left:
    1. rough cold start
    2. boost creep from 10-14psi by 7K

Both of which I would assume not due to the ECU, but we'll see.

That boost creep is pretty much normal for a ct turbo with a full exhaust.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    That boost creep is pretty much normal for a ct turbo with a full exhaust.
    Ya, the boost issue isn't so much an issue to me, only the cold start problem is. Otherwise, the boost will eventually be higher than that one day anyways, so.. doesn't matter to me.

I'll try to further diagnose my cold start issue laters, maybe the new timing sensor in the coolant neck is faulty? never know.

Thread Information