CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Still awaiting from ATS, they have kept a nice update on where ECU's are at in their rom tune process on the MR2OC. I'm about #2 in line, but I knew it would be awhile anyways as the old school single board ECU's only found in the early 90's versions need a daughter board as well to connect I believe. Thats another 50$.. but.. whatever. Can't wait to get this rom tune and try it on a stock 3S-GTE CT27 setup.

So, hopefully not to much longer, I go to pick up the engine tonight

It would be nice if we can get the same updates here. Thanks for stepping up Trance.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

I got in on this kinda late, but my ecu is sitting down in texas as we speak. man, it sucks that we had to pay an extra $50 for them to put that extra board

any idea why toyota only had a single board ECU on early ST185s? i belive my car was manufactured sometime around 06/90.
    ^Ted^

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Denver_whiteST185
    I got in on this kinda late, but my ecu is sitting down in texas as we speak. man, it sucks that we had to pay an extra $50 for them to put that extra board

any idea why toyota only had a single board ECU on early ST185s? i belive my car was manufactured sometime around 06/90.
    Ya, mine was made in 9/90 so they are both a first generation run. It seems only those ECU's were single boards. Not to worry though, I believe since this is through the group buy we will only be charged the regular amount. I'm pretty sure ATS will take care of us few Celica owners this time around

I received my notice yesterday which I will pay today for my final payment. w00t!

Really can't wait to get my injectors back from Witchhunter from being cleaned, that is all I'm waiting for until I put my car all back together. Hope to have some initial impressions in a couple months. I'm going for an immediate base dyno run on stock boost once I am sure everything is running right. Then as things move on I hope to provide ctech with more dyno's as I up the boost. Should be a nice year

Well, they charged me an extra $50 for the daughter board on top of the $600 group buy price. I paid in full already though...

hey, my injectors are at witchhunter too, lol. Are you getting ats to bore your fuel rail out too? i figure that since trevor on Alltrac.net made 500+ hp on a modified rail, i think it can handle the 250ish im shooting for, although im planning on running a aeromotive fpr whenever i start tuning it for more than 15 psi
    ^Ted^

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Denver_whiteST185
    Well, they charged me an extra $50 for the daughter board on top of the $600 group buy price. I paid in full already though...

hey, my injectors are at witchhunter too, lol. Are you getting ats to bore your fuel rail out too? i figure that since trevor on Alltrac.net made 500+ hp on a modified rail, i think it can handle the 250ish im shooting for, although im planning on running a aeromotive fpr whenever i start tuning it for more than 15 psi
    I've been on the bored rail for the past 3 years. It was one of the first mods next to my Supra TT Fuel pump only a year after I first did the swap in mid '02.

Images

Alriiiggghhhtttt!! Rom Tune showed up at the door not but 15 minutes after I got home from work. Sweeeeettttt!!!

now if they could get mine done...

when i called aaron on wednesday, he said that he wouldn't be able to get to it till early next week. originally he said he could have it shipped by this weekend.

speaking of timeliness, holy crap witchhunter is fast.
    ^Ted^

Images

Ya, no joke.. Gordon finished mine.

As for ATS.. ah, its been only just a little bit, but you came in on the end of that group buy, my ECU has been with them for longer, but I still didn't think it was that long.

Either way, I am stoked to have this in my setup this time around.

Images

Well, I have a concern with my ATS rom tune, awaiting to hear back from them.

It seems that a chip put on the board actually doesn't fit in the case. This causes it to touch the case, you can see how it protrudes and gives light through the case:

I assume that the reason is due to the original ECU single board design that requires a further daughter board instead of the more recent dual board configurations.

I also feel confident that ATS wouldn't send it unless it was good to go. So I'm just waiting on confirmation from them before I plug this up and use it. The last thing I would want to do is ground a chip on the case and fry it. Ultimately, ATS will know best.

i got mine on friday, and it has the same buldge. i think its fine though.
    ^Ted^

I would take that cover off, and line it with a few strips of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't ground itself out.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    I would take that cover off, and line it with a few strips of electrical tape to make sure it doesn't ground itself out.
    Ya, not a bad idea lagos. Infact, I have some black mess packing material that is solid enough it can be cut by a razor blade. I was thinking of doing some strips on the casing to pull it out a few. Then put in a few washers to give the gap, and then include a strip on the inside. Just to space it, and pad it.

Hmm, mine is in my car but I dont remember a bulge. Mine has a extension housing on
    it. This is from a GP early last year ....

Sorry for the late reply. We've been completely swamped. The bulge on the back of the ECU is a relocated component to make room for the daughter board. The component itself is plastic so it can't ground out against the ECU case. Plus the case has a white plastic insulation on it.

Aaron

NEW TECH/PARTS HOTLINE 940-293-1338

Project ST165 <- sold

trance, is your ecu still at ATS racing? they emailed me saying that they installed the chip wrong. i sent it back, and its been sitting in texas for a couple weeks, and when i called aaron, he said they still haven't fixed it...
    ^Ted^

Images

Yep.. I talked to Scott today, they are still awaiting the daughter boards from Techtom, though he did say their charge had just come through last week to ATS so they should be on the way. I'm not overly worried about another 2-3 weeks.. but if its another month thats going to start to get critical. Either way, right now.. I'm happy to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    I'm not overly worried about another 2-3 weeks..
    I am. i want to get my car moving again...
    ^Ted^

Images

I hear ya man...

well that and im moving soon.

im really wishing now that i could just get it all refunded to me, and get my stock ecu back...
    ^Ted^

Images

meh.. that thought went through my head today too.

Images

Hey Denver, I gave ATS a check up call.. still nothing. I'm gunna give them another week or two and then I am going to can this and request my refund and a stock JDM ECU returned. I can't keep waiting and really, this should have been lined up when a group buy was setup. They should anticipate that these techtom daughter boards might be needed.

yeah, considering i talked to aaron about how mine was a single board, and even sent him a picture of my ecu before i even sent it so that he knew what was coming...

im thinking no longer than a week from friday. they've already had my ecu for almost two months....
    ^Ted^

Images

Denver!!!!

Aaron called today, ECU is on the way back.. w000t00000t0t0t0t0t!!!!!!!!!

what?

well, he needs to refund me for the shipping still. WTF, he doesn't even PM me to let me know....

ATS is loosing ground very quickly that i'll ever buy anything though them again
    ^Ted^

Thread Information