CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Look around on autoshop101. They mentioned something about shorting out the terminals that go to the time switch. This forces the cold start injector to fire regardless of temp. Might help with diagnosis.

How many cranks does it take to turn over? I remember when mine went bad, the problem would pop up in the summer. it would sometimes take 2-4 cranks before it would fire up. I tried a few junk yard sensors on it. A few of them were better then others, but none were ever really perfect. Even this morning I had to give it a second crank to start it, but most other days it starts up first try.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

ah, usually it starts off the first crank or two. I dunno.. I'm really not overly worried with this cold start issue, it started today and immediately went to 1K RPM's. Once warm its idle is nice at 750-800.

Overall, I'm fairly pleased with the car. I'm starting my reliability clock today, I'm expecting 1 full year of no issues. I'm not going to touch the car mechanically. I'll get a dyno fairly shortly and then thats it. After a year I might mess with the boost.. I dunno, I'm really not dying to 'speed' so, reliability is definitely the name of the game.

I'm still very pleased with the performance of the car now with the rom tune, its much smoother and more consistent. I got it on the group buy, so I'm alright with the cost of it, but I wouldn't want to pay any further for it. Though, I also have to keep in mind I'm not pushing it at all.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

So its been a bit.. engine is starting to break in.. rom tune is running great the car acts way better!

I'm amazed at it now really, completely more consistent. Awesome through out it all.. this is what it was missing on my mild bolt ons.

Images

I have been daily driving the car recently. 12-13psi maybe.. once or twice. I run the car mainly on 10psi tops, but I hardly run that way. Getting toward 0 the timing is good and the car floats. As I start to build a couple pounds its free flowing, best running it has ever been. I am on my AFM currently, but the rom tune has this car spot on. If I had to drive a rom tune or not car, I'd take a rom tune every day.

The car with the rom tune though is very limited, but over all driving is incredibly better. I am very interested to get some race gas and find out what that map is all about. Besides the fact that I'm good and tuned for 17psi on pump, wow.. I can only imagine how that feels. Major ++ on this work.

Thread Information