CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default ATS Romtune Group Buy over at MR2OC

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=286622

Get in on that if you wanna get a romtune.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

oh.. goo.. I sooo wanna sign up.. it is gunna be over 20 I'm sure.. that is nice. I just dunno if I wanna swing 600 bucks right now.. argh. I so want this.

Im holding out for the user tunable ecu thats being developed.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    Ya.. I myself as well. I just hope.. but I dunno yet.. we will see.

Images

Ah well, I went ahead and jumped in on this. We'll see what I think.

Images

Alright, my ECU is on the way.. should be received by Monday

Now I just need my engine back from Chico and I can really try out this CT27.

Really would have like to see ATS make this thread. :sigh:
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    Ah well, I went ahead and jumped in on this. We'll see what I think.
    Nice. I can't wait to see a comparison to the jdm ecu.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Nice. I can't wait to see a comparison to the jdm ecu.
    Well.. I won't have a direct comparison, as I do not have a dyno of my setup with the CT27 prior to taking it down for engine work and returned to service before the ECU is put in. So.. we will just have to see how I feel afterwards. Definitely will have dyno's of all this in the next year as the engine returns from Chico and I get everything buttoned up.

i haven't heard about this? other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?
    ^Ted^

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Denver_whiteST185
    i haven't heard about this? other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?
    Not really, other than the Rom tunes and standalones.. thats it. I personally have no issue with the idea of rom tunes running on the stock fuel. Though ATS has done a great job on the rom tunes with 550'cc injectors and TD05/06 setups. Anything beyond that standalone. The development of the user tunable ECU on the MR2oc has been something I have been following for at least the last year an a half. It looks very promising and I believe will be a good product. Though, when ATS offers a Rom tune in Group Buy format for only $600.00, its hard for me to justify any further tunes for a user tunable format in which the mods are minimal an would not qualify for a necessary retune or often user adjustment. Plus, added the wait time still to take place on this development, who knows when it could be. So.. I opted to just go with the ATS rom tune with my CT27.

I have messed around with a Hydra Nemesis on an MR2 T I put together, no.. I did not tune it, that was done by a professional. At the time, I was interested in this for my own setup, but.. with much smaller power goals (FWD.. its a bit limiting, no need to over build/produce HP) its overkill when a rom tune could be just as good at this mod level.

Probably more information than you were looking at, but there isn't much else thats available for tuning purposes.

Probably more information than you were looking at, but there isn't much else thats available for tuning purposes.
    yeah, i know its pretty much either ATS, or a rom tune like blitz/g-force/sard/etc. or a stand alone.

i was more questioning what he was talking about with the user-tunable ecu that he mentioned...
    ^Ted^

Images

i was more questioning what he was talking about with the user-tunable ecu that he mentioned...
    Ok, well your question asked, "other than stand alones, are there other tuning options that are being developed?" haha..

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=238426&page=9&pp=30
    Read that. Its a long thread, but lots of great info.
    Cliffnotes: someone figured out how to let us reprogram our stock ecu.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Im actually really surprised that our community never got into megasquirt. Its almost perfect for us since we are all on a budget and very tech oriented, yet we dont have a single person using it.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Im actually really surprised that our community never got into megasquirt. Its almost perfect for us since we are all on a budget and very tech oriented, yet we dont have a single person using it.
    there are a few megasquirt users on alltrac.net

what scares me away from megasquirts is the fact that it needs a new custom wiring harness, and im horrible with electronics. im getting better, but still...
    ^Ted^

there are a few megasquirt users on alltrac.net

what scares me away from megasquirts is the fact that it needs a new custom wiring harness, and im horrible with electronics. im getting better, but still...
    Not really. You can reuse most of your factory harness, just add in things like a map sensor where needed. But yes, you would need to rewire your harness.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Not really. You can reuse most of your factory harness, just add in things like a map sensor where needed. But yes, you would need to rewire your harness.
    and thats what im very noobish about. in a few years, i'll probably have taken enough electronic's classes and gotten the hang on it, but id probably mess up my car horribly if i tryed to wire it myself, and new harnesses are hard as hell to find...
    ^Ted^

and thats what im very noobish about. in a few years, i'll probably have taken enough electronic's classes and gotten the hang on it, but id probably mess up my car horribly if i tryed to wire it myself, and new harnesses are hard as hell to find...

I guess my point is... that we have so many techy (and cheap) members, that Im really surprised we don't have a how-to written up about it that can get more people turned onto it.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

The cheaper you are, the more knowledgable you have to be to get things done. MS is a fine example of such.

MS-II is fine for those looking for peak power numbers, which coincidentally, WOT is also the easiest thing to tune for. I'd prefer an EMS that gives me the same power with as close to stock-like drivability considering my car will only be seeing WOT 2% of it's life.

I'd prefer to save, and spend the money on an AEM/Nemesis or rigged up gen3 PFC even if I were on the cheap. If someone can save and spend $1500-2700 on a turbo kit, they can save and spend $1500 on a quality EMS.

Images

Well.. one of the individuals from the Group Buy already received their ECU and did a dyno:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=292319

The individuals mod list:

- Apexi intake
    - ct20b with MBC at 17 psi
    - Berk IC w/ EMS Powered coldpipe
    - 3" eBay downpipe
    - Blue Flame 3" exhaust
    - Walbro pump
    - ATS rail
    - Aeromotive FPR at 50 psi
    - Witchhunter serviced 440s
    - and, of course, an ATS ROM tune!

Similar results should be seen with a CT27 as well. Both the CT20b and CT27 are near identical performers.

Should be nice!

Its a nice gain over the USDM ecu, but id still like to see how it compares to the jdm ecu.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Its a nice gain over the USDM ecu, but id still like to see how it compares to the jdm ecu.

Won't be that much different, at that point both the JDM and USDM ECU's are beyond their resolution dumping fuel 100% due to the AFM door completely open.

Won't be that much different, at that point both the JDM and USDM ECU's are beyond their resolution dumping fuel 100% due to the AFM door completely open.
    Not true kimosabe.
    The afm can see a lot more air flow then people realize.
    Look at his stock run of 240hp/tq. If the 440 injectors were 100 duty cycle he would be in the 10:1 afr range under boost.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

ah.. I dunno.. look at the fuel from the Rom Tune, its leaner through out the whole run except for around 5300 where the torque/hp curve cross. I wouldn't say its so much as a resolution of what it can pick up, but rather the values sent to the ECU in whatever range the AFM is at. Thats exactly the point though, the maps as a whole have been completely altered at this point. I think the only area you might see more hp at +12psi on the USDM vs the JDM is in the timing it puts out. In the end, you could eventually match that an I believe you'd see very very near results between the USD and JDM ecu. I'd say the variance would only be in the 5-10hp range. Now we're talking ambient temperatures, exhaust size, etc. Lots of things can make that much of a variance in a dyno run.

I dunno.. we can only wait an see haha. I'll do a dyno at the same settings my initial dyno was done on the stock CT26 and stock ECU. Then maybe we'll find something, but I really can't see it being much different than the graph above.

Thread Information