CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

changing the TB *should* only increase power if the stock one is the limiting factor

don't forget that the TB only needs to flow for 1 cylinder at a time (just very close together)

But to me the telling part is the 3S-GTE TB is 55mm, same as the 3S-GE TB

if it was limiting the 3S-GE it would be seriously limiting the 3S-GTE

my concern looking at the TB of the 3s-ge and basically everyother TB is the lack of ISCV on the 3s-ge. It appears to be more mechanical as the others are more electrical. I guess you have to take that into consideration when looking at a TB swap?
    '87 3S-GE(T) put into a 1990 GTS
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GATOR ALUMNI!! 2007 :ohyeah:

Celica Webpage Click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Has anyone looked into these variable geometry intakes? Can one be made for the 5sfe?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundy
    changing the TB *should* only increase power if the stock one is the limiting factor

don't forget that the TB only needs to flow for 1 cylinder at a time (just very close together)

But to me the telling part is the 3S-GTE TB is 55mm, same as the 3S-GE TB

if it was limiting the 3S-GE it would be seriously limiting the 3S-GTE
    3sgte tb is getting feed over atmospheric psi so size isn’t (as much as a na car) concern
    95 camry 2 door
    5sfe (43,764 miles of sexyness) 5 speed
    speed MODS:Short shifter,Sold torque mount,strut bar,Power steering delete,A/c delete,Egr delete,Pcv breather,TB coolant bypass (x2),Stage 3 racing 5 puck clutch,Balancer shafts removed,balancer shaft oil galley plugged,1 off oil tray,NGK Iridium Spark Plugs .055 gap,summit street cd,4age dizzy cap,8mm plug and coil wires,summit cd coil,"cat" high flow 3sgte water pump,low temp thermostat,hyper voltage stabilizer, grounding system,Generic header,2 1/2 pipe header to muf, magnaflow high flow cat,summit turbo muf,vafc,rebuilt head (light p+P and mill .040) and 2 tb intake mani, hood spaced 3/4 inch, 255 lph fuel pump, Px3 thermal insulating Intake manifold Gasket, moog sway bar bushings, none “flamboyant” shift light
    \

It would seem to me, using common sense what ever that is, that without opening up the intake plenum and the port runners, not to mention the valve size, that increases would be marginal. The same volume of air passing through a smaller passage than a large passage flows faster. So without opening the rest of the system, it would be only a slight gain. You have a bigger door-way, but the hall is still only so big to get down thru.

Thread Information