CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT
    Holy hell, way to spam the crap out of the ATS "hello" thread

If you want to inquire as to 5S parts, why don't you make a new thread, in this forum?

And all the newer 3S blocks have the same corrections as the 5S blocks in terms of the casting.
    Maybe.. but there are still alot of people in the Celica community that are on the fence with these issues.. lets admit it, more celica's came 5S than 3S compared to the MR2 world.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    Ok, Manny, question though, not to be an ass, Im truly wondering.

After all the time, and money you have in your car, do you still truly believe, youre better off than a 3S setup?

In the end, was it worth it to go with a 5SFE or would you have been better off with a 3SGTE to start? Be honest. Cause to me, after everything is said and done, I still have yet to see ONE example of a 5SFTE being a BETTER choice, money/performance wise. It seems to always cost more money to get the same, or less performance to do it right.

I really want to know, and this is pertainent to the thread because if you could list a formula, or an idea, maybe they would see it as beneficial and make it. Otherwise, everyone else Ill bet is under the same impression as me, that it just isnt worth the time and money to make a performance engine out of a 5SFE when you have 3SGTEs sitting around left and right and its an easy swap.
    for me, yes, the 5sfte is the better choice.
    i will NEVER swap.
    especially after ive seen first hand what some of these "swaps" look like.
    now, when your talking 5th gens, a swap is the way to go.
    i have a few theorys on swaps, rob, lots of which people wouldnt like.
    its all just opinion.
    its all a matter of goals, and money. period.
    gimme a call sometime man, i'll yell in your ear a while, it'll be like old times...
    heres some food for thought.
    99.9% of swappers that ive seen have had 3-4 major issues with therye swaps.
    ive been driving my 5sfte DAILY for 2.5+ years, 35k+
    only problem ive ever had was a frozen map sensor.
    how many swappers can say that?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    for me, yes, the 5sfte is the better choice.
    i will NEVER swap.
    especially after ive seen first hand what some of these "swaps" look like.
    now, when your talking 5th gens, a swap is the way to go.
    i have a few theorys on swaps, rob, lots of which people wouldnt like.
    its all just opinion.
    its all a matter of goals, and money. period.
    gimme a call sometime man, i'll yell in your ear a while, it'll be like old times...
    heres some food for thought.
    99.9% of swappers that ive seen have had 3-4 major issues with therye swaps.
    ive been driving my 5sfte DAILY for 2.5+ years, 35k+
    only problem ive ever had was a frozen map sensor.
    how many swappers can say that?

I would have to agree with manny. Ive seen his work and have to say he knows what he is doing. I would trust him to setup my car with a 5sfte setup anytime. Something i would consider someday. A lot of swappers on here ive read have ran into nothing but problems. The only successful ones that have done it right and thats with a front clip of a gt-4 with everything needed to swap.

What i can't understand is why doesn't anyone understand having 2.2l is better than 2L. the bottom end is stronger and your getting more torque. Just my two sense. I guess its more of preference more than anything else.
    Last edited by extremeskillz; 12-24-2007 at 01:59 PM.

She's sold
    !

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Short stroke owns me... sorry.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

extremeskills, it isnt a matter of 2.2 vs 2.0 in my book in THIS discussion, its a matter of a shitty F head vs a free flowing G head.

5SFE does NOT have a stronger bottom end.

And to go with what Manny said, Ive seen his work too, and I know beyond a doubt if he were to perform a swap, it would function perfectly, and not be glitchy like half of the swaps hes talking about.

My stock 3SGTE had 172k miles on it before it died. Im not necessarily comparing swap work, Im comparing engines. And overall, with information and parts available, the 3SGTE is still the better choice. Manny truly is the exception, and even at that exception, if he had as much time and money in a 3S as he does in his 5S, I truly believe he would be making more power. Maybe not have that fatty nice torque curve he has, but I think hed be making more HP. He likes his fatty torque curve tho, and I can see his engine and setup being better to him, but in general, you have to admit, when youre talking about performance setups, and referring newbies to the info, you would sooner tell someone to swap than to turbo a 5S, or even do NA work to a 5S if you want power. To me its just common sense.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

ATS built my stroked 3S-GTE. im finally building the turbo system to support it. cant wait to see what it makes
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information