CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I seen pics of a black vert with the cs bumper and a lip. Where does the lip come from. I want to run the cs bumper but i will need the lip to go with the rest of my body kit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Junior Member jnracer808 is on a distinguished road

Hey, thanks for the write up. I managed to take out my bumper. :-)

Wow, I really like the CS bumper compared to the others. My GT-Four A came with the CS bumper, and I always thought it was aftermarket. Did the Group A's come with the "CS" bumper or do you figure the guy I got this from swapped it? I got lucky either way I guess, that bumper looks sleek and mean!!

My car came with no fog lights though, I guess the last owner kept them. I put some Hella driving lights behind the grill and DRL'd them for Canadian laws and just love this bumper now. Thanks for this writeup though, I read it anyway to know how to take it apart.

Thanks! Looks great on yours!

The GrpA/CS/RC is visually the same car. they all came with the same bumper. Just depends on who you talk to on what they decide to call it lol.

I'm seriously contemplating getting the RC bumper cover. I already have the RC aluminum bumper bar ~(-20 lbs). And i'll be making some aluminum mounts for the original foggies.

I even posted a thread on www.rx7club.com for some impartial opinions. So far they all said they love the GT-four, and the RC bumper lol
    Last edited by Corey Darling; 03-05-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Celica's with the RC cover on them are one of the coolest designs I have ever seen. It makes a relatively normal looking car that has girly traits look so much more aggressive and powerful, even though the bumper really does nothing but for looks.

If you put a sticker on it though...that would most definitely add ten horsepower.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm glad that I can help out. I've learned so much from this site, so I thought I'd give back.

1993 Celica GT-S - Eibach ProKit, Alltrac Hood, CS Bumper, JDM Clear Corners, Clear Front Bumper, 35% Tints, Kicker RMB8, Lenso Samurai Bronze 17" Wheels

2007 GTI - NewSouth Boost Gauge, APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

hey i saw it for $206 on their site, just wondering how much did they charge for shipping? or is it free shipping lol

15-20 dollars I think for shipping. It wasn't much at all...

1993 Celica GT-S - Eibach ProKit, Alltrac Hood, CS Bumper, JDM Clear Corners, Clear Front Bumper, 35% Tints, Kicker RMB8, Lenso Samurai Bronze 17" Wheels

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AznKlique
    15-20 dollars I think for shipping. It wasn't much at all...
    Your still on here? Glad to see
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by AznKlique
    The holes didn't match up. I tucked the underbody cover over the bottom lip on the backside of the bumper. Seemed stiff enough to stay in place even at high speeds

They are not stiff enough to stay in. I assumed the same thing and when I passed a truck on the highway the pressure caused them to blow out. They folded underneath the car and dragged down the highway. With no tools I had to cut them with a pocket knife back to the radiator core support. This is why I have a "wanted to buy" for ST185 undercovers. Toyota has discontinued them.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

So might be a good idea for those doing this to drill new holes in the underbody cover to match the new cover.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

great write up.

I have seen pictures of others who have also done this but like you they all remove the fog lights and leave it at that. So I am guessing that there is just no way to fit them? what is it about the fit that keeps them from working out? Is it the hole size in the bumper? The alignment of the mounting brackets to the hole in the bumper? The angle that the holes in the bumper are directed in in?

In your opinion could the original Fog lights work with the CS bumper with some modification?

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina91GT-S
    great write up.

I have seen pictures of others who have also done this but like you they all remove the fog lights and leave it at that. So I am guessing that there is just no way to fit them? what is it about the fit that keeps them from working out? Is it the hole size in the bumper? The alignment of the mounting brackets to the hole in the bumper? The angle that the holes in the bumper are directed in in?

In your opinion could the original Fog lights work with the CS bumper with some modification?
    I tried to keep them, but the bumper cover didn't fit over them. Those foglights are just too large. I've seen a few people use 92-93 st/gt foglights to fit the CS bumper. I'm sure you have to modify the mounting brackets to make them work.

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Timmey
    Wow, I really like the CS bumper compared to the others. My GT-Four A came with the CS bumper, and I always thought it was aftermarket. Did the Group A's come with the "CS" bumper or do you figure the guy I got this from swapped it? I got lucky either way I guess, that bumper looks sleek and mean!!

Just to clarify - GT-Four 'A's do not come with the CS style bumper, they are a completely different car to the Australian market Group A which is the same as the RC/CS versions. So someone has swapped yours at some stage.
    This bumper only came stock on RC/CS or Group A Rallye versions, basically any of the models with a WTA I/C.

n00b Zell is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this Great Write up, this will be saving me some money for when i do conversion to a RC/CS Bumper

no need for the support Bar

Killer write-up and pics. cant wait to do mines!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vndk2r
    Killer write-up and pics. cant wait to do mines!!!!!!!!!!
    Mahalo! You know what, I was actually surprised to see so many 5th gens on Oahu when I went there last summer.

Since you removed some of the grill mount points, does that mean the grills themselves can't be used with the non-CS bumper support?

I'm sure that you can still use the stock grills. I only cut out 4 of the mounting points. Plenty of mounting points left.

Hi,

It looks awesome..

I have the exact same car, but mine looks crappy.. the body overall doesn't have the shiny luster as yours does, the headlights up/down motor doesn't function, and etc..

Is it worth fixing it up as yours looks like? How much does it cost to make it look like yours from the factory settings? Where can I find guide or help?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eenjoy89
    Hi,

It looks awesome..

I have the exact same car, but mine looks crappy.. the body overall doesn't have the shiny luster as yours does, the headlights up/down motor doesn't function, and etc..

Is it worth fixing it up as yours looks like? How much does it cost to make it look like yours from the factory settings? Where can I find guide or help?

Thanks.
    Thanks a lot for the comments. It's getting more rare to find a 5th gen Celica in good condition these days. Honestly, I just bought the car in great shape and then just kept on maintaining it, washing and waxing regularly. I didn't do too much to the exterior...

Alltrac Hood + Shipping & Paint = $350
    Lowering Springs = $150
    CS Bumper + Paint = $300
    Tints = $170
    Clear Corners and Bumper Lights = $100
    25mm Spacers = $120
    Wheels and Tires = $1000

But I didn't buy everything all at once. It's been a progress over the 6 years I've owned it.

If your Celica is in decent shape, I think it's worth spending some money on exterior mods.

Oh I see, thanks for the info.

Is there e-mail I can contact you at?

Super clean! Well done.

1990 Celica AllTrac - - - 1993 Celica ST

+10 sexiness points for your car. I'm running shroudless myself since I can't find one that will meet up. I've been thinking about making a skid plate instead.....hmmmm. Anyways- what are you going to do with the lower ducts? My suggestion is to make brake cooling runners, but aftermarket rounded fogs can look pretty sexy too. Great job and great writeup.
    Trumanpriest - '90 ST185 | '12 Tundra Rock Warrior

Default celica st185 boss kit.

hi all. i,m looking at changing my steering wheel for a momo after market one. i am having trouble finding the boss for one. i can find lots of normal celica ones the same year as mine but the shops dont no if they will fit or not. has any one had any problems with the boss or will the right year celica do it thanks

Thread Information