CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ok I will post a link to the thread too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Luni
    What I want to know is how is a boosted anything lost to a 5SFE.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    It's a lot easier when you have like.... 3 similar cars.

Although it does end up putting you in a rut:

"I'll just take this part off of this one and replace it later from the junkyard...."

Riiiiiiiiiiight.
    It was like that when I had 2 celicas.

Now it's one Celica rolling chassis. A nissan about to be in pieces again. and my new daily driver... I'm sadly embarrassed to be kickin it in a honda but I spend like 10$ a week on gas so I'm not complaining at all.

Also send me a PM if this becomes a GB I very well may be interested if I decide to keep a 5sfe in my celica. Are you aiming for any timeline for this or just testing the waters?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    *Note* Don't mind the little blip, that's my ACIS being out of whack.
    how would you 'tune' it?
    Last edited by Žusty; 05-18-2008 at 07:42 AM.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Adjusting vacuum signal.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

crcrzy12

Is there still gonna be a group buy for the colt cams? I'm interested if there is. I was gonna get a regrind with the webcam 294 specs but would love to get new cams (or hardwelds) if possible.

If this happens someone please PM me!

sorry but I couldn't wait for the group buy so I contacted colt cams and they sent me this:
    To Fernando,

Thank-you, for contacting us.

We offer one grind for this year.

The specs are :

INT 211° @ .050 / 254° Adv / .305 L

EX 211° @ .050 / 254° Adv / .310 L

The cost is $400.00 US this includes the return shipping

Customer supplies cam cores

If you are interested please let us know a convenient time to reach you or give us a call at your convenience.

Thank-you,

Geoff Bardal

In confused, I dont know a lot about cams and thier profiles so the specs he sent me might as well be Martian.. Can someone with more knowledge than me explain if this profile is just the OEM regrind or is this any performance gains on this? I though they custom grind cams, how come they said they only have one grind for this year? (90 5SFE)

Can someone clear this up for me, im not sure what to respond to Colt Cams??

Quote Originally Posted by dups90gt

The specs are :

In confused, I dont know a lot about cams and thier profiles so the specs he sent me might as well be Martian.. Can someone with more knowledge than me explain if this profile is just the OEM regrind or is this any performance gains on this? I though they custom grind cams, how come they said they only have one grind for this year? (90 5SFE)

That's a little disappointing. That grind is better then stock but is part way in between stock and the Webcam 294 grind. I would expect it to move the torque peaks up by 300-400rpms so peaks at about 4000 and 4600rpms instead of the stock ones at 3700 and 4300rpms. That is still an improvement and will open up the top a little. The Webcams by comparison will give you peaks at about 4200 and 4800rpms and open up the top end even more.

Cam grinders must invest a lot in their profiles because a bad profile can cause engine failure if the ramps are too steep for stock springs or cause lofting and floating valves. I suspect that Colt is starting with one they know will work and then planning to offer more choices later on.

You could tell them what you are looking for is a little more aggressive then that and see what they recommend. You also might ask if they have the ability to do a more aggressive grind on a rev2 5sfe cam. It has a larger base circle and more lift to start with but otherwise it is exactly the same. More meat means that there is more potential there. I have a set of rev2 cams that was ground to rev1 spec sitting here and they are 300 degrees advertised duration with 0.350" lift ground by Paco.

Ill ask them and repost. Thanks!

what ever happened with the group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by dups90gt
    sorry but I couldn't wait for the group buy so I contacted colt cams and they sent me this:
    To Fernando,

Thank-you, for contacting us.

The specs are :

The cost is $400.00 US this includes the return shipping

Customer supplies cam cores

If you are interested please let us know a convenient time to reach you or give us a call at your convenience.

Thank-you,

Geoff Bardal

I would just as soon spend the extra coin for the web cams 294 since we have the dyno results and it seems more agressive... DO we have any dyno data on the colt cams?
    TWM Short Shifter
    KYB GR-2/GT-S Springs back on again for the dirt!
    Poly sway bar bushings
    K&N filter
    Camry Header
    CM Aluminum Flywheel
    Scheming to swipe my wife's S54
    Stock wires & Iridium plugs
    Hella Vision Plus Headlights
    Coming Soon: Chouteau County Cross Country Rally

i noticed the specs for the webcams are for years 92-2001...would these cams work in a rev1?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy90
    i noticed the specs for the webcams are for years 92-2001...would these cams work in a rev1?
    No.

well thats lame! are there any cams out there that will work for the rev1?

I thought the webcams would work on the rev1? the rev one cams just had less to work with right?

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Web cams web site says the 294 grind is for 91-99 5SFE Celicas... now I haven't called them so I might not know the details but it seems like they should work for the rev 1 car based on that.

Almost $700 though! Anybody know what the core charge is?
    TWM Short Shifter
    Poly sway bar bushings
    K&N filter
    Camry Header
    CM Aluminum Flywheel

you send them your cams.
    you can get a set from a j/y.
    yes, they will work on rev1 (90-93) celicas.

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

Group Buy!!!!
    1990 toyota celica GT

href="http://img529.imageshack.us/i/carstuff087.jpg/" target="_blank">

I'm starting a cam fund... I just can't resist an easy 15-20 or so HP with no loss of bottom end. There is no choice I simply have to do it. I'm gonna have the car tore down to paint next month so maybe I'll send off the cams then. I have an aluminum flywheel to put on then as well.

Did your milage suffer at all with the webcams 294 for normal driving?
    TWM Short Shifter
    Poly sway bar bushings
    K&N filter
    Camry Header
    CM Aluminum Flywheel

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by H8PVMNT
    I have an aluminum flywheel to put on then as well.
    *cough* chromoly is better *cough*

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey
    *cough* chromoly is better *cough*
    Yeah, that's on my shopping list for next year when I have all my crap debt paid off and I can do a decent build with some real head work and oversized valves... I actually like tearing things apart on a regular basis! Keeps you sharp!

I picked up an aluminum one cheap last year before I knoew any better.
    TWM Short Shifter
    Poly sway bar bushings
    K&N filter
    Camry Header
    CM Aluminum Flywheel

all i needed was the dyno sheet and im in for a group buy definately! 93 5sfe. i want the 294 grind! set up the group deal and PM me~!!!

I am interested in the power that cams deliver, but unfortunately I do not know very much about them or head work in general. Is there anything that needs to be done when you change the cams? Is that something that can be done at home with basic mechanic skills?

Thanks, Brian

It is something that can be done with basic tools, a set of feeler gauges and a micrometer. I did mine in my brother's driveway. The hardest part is getting the right shims because Toyota doesn't usually stock them. So you have to measure, then order them and wait for them to show up.

whats the update on the colt cams? now that im boosted, i want to try a set
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information