CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New forums...

Hybrid View

Default New forums...

I think that some of the ATS postings caused a lot of old basic questioned to be rehashed. Chris was kind enough to cover them, but I don't see Aaron having the patience for that kind of stuff, plus I kind of think that the noob stuff takes away from the impression we NEED to give these guys of our site to attract more deals, even personalized ones for this site only, rather than tagging us onto mr2oc stuff. I think we need to make a statement about asking only detailed tech questions to the vendors and to please refer all basic questions to another forum like FI or Gen Disc. It might even be a good idea to create another vendor subforum that could be called something like General Population Product Q&A or Vendor product reviews... both example are kind of lame, but there is wording out there that would make sense.

I don't think TWM would have a problem with basic stuff, but all of us know that Aaron and those guys have been answering and re-answering the same qustions and product challenges for years now. Perhaps the solution could be as simple as a Sticky that points to potential buyer to prebuilt/highly detailed FAQs/Product Reviews/Specs, etc. I am sure they have them.

The goal here is to never have to make the vendor say something, which can be conceived as negative like "This has been answered before many times, please refer to <blank>." The more positive and professional their experience here, the more positive and professional we will come across. Let's face it, noobs and poor daydreamers are going to leak there like mad. I want them to have some kind of umbrella.

One more thing for anyone who says that it is their job as a reseller/retailer. If you have a store that has five customers in it and it comes down to making your business expenses and your home and car and kid expenses, I hate to say it, because no current owner would admit it, but you go for the sure thing and hope that the others are patient enough to wait for a sales transaction or until someone can come up from the back to help with overflow. It is the way of the world when you have to eat. I hope that makes sense and comes across clearly. It is the truth.
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Sounds good to me

She's sold
    !

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

This seems like a good idea to me. I can see all the turbo kits and products available for the celica/3sgte without going all over the internet.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I wish I could get a TWM shift kit for my SC.

Damn automatics.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Thread Information