CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Matrix

Default New Matrix

What do you guys think about the new 2009 Matrix. Some specs Here
    Looks like its gonna have all-wheel drive turned by the 158 hp 2az found in the Camry and Tc. I think that's a good thing because that motor has gobs of torque compared to the xZZ's and theres already a TRD super charger offered for it.

I wounder how much it will weigh, what kind of tranny it will come with, how well sorted will the suspension be?

I'm kind of sad that they are not offering the same in the Corolla. Not really a fan of big 5-door cars, but I'm going to reserve judgment until I drive one. Honestly I'm a little exited.

eh I still prever the pontiac vibe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Sounds neat... Looks cool too!!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

I saw that the other day! I like it!
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

No. Booo unto the new Matrix.

Yeah, it has the 2.4 now and looks sharper than ever. But they did away with the AWD!!!!

Blaspheme!!! It's no better than a heavy corolla wagon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty
    No. Booo unto the new Matrix.

Yeah, it has the 2.4 now and looks sharper than ever. But they did away with the AWD!!!!

Blaspheme!!! It's no better than a heavy corolla wagon now.
    Where did you see that it will not have all wheel drive?

It WILL have AWD as an option, this is according to Toyota.

Ok, fine fine. I just now read that it has AWD.

Last time I read about that car, several months ago, there was no mention of AWD.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i'd rather have a subaru outback.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I'd rather have another cigarette.

mmmm cigarette

matrix is ok. they need to come out with that Levin or a new celica soon. me want.

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

not bad. the headlights look similiar to the camry lights. also the headlights look similiar to the ew corolla lights. its alright looking matrix though
    Last edited by celicatrd93; 12-02-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Damn, they brought back that car pretty quick....I wish they would with others.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by hookecho
    i'd rather have a subaru outback.

I'd rather have the ST246 Caldina GT-Four with the 250hp, 240 ft lb version of the 3SGTE.

Sadly, it was discontinued this year. The GT-Four label is dead.

Does anyone know how different these two cars are, besides the motor? I wouldn't be surprised if they were based on the same chassis.

i have an 03 awd matrix. its a great daily driver. very reliable and awd is great when it snows, but make no doubts about it, its a very boring car to drive. its basically a people mover. good on gas, reliability and ride quality, but it lacks in performance and handling.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    i have an 03 awd matrix. its a great daily driver. very reliable and awd is great when it snows, but make no doubts about it, its a very boring car to drive. its basically a people mover. good on gas, reliability and ride quality, but it lacks in performance and handling.
    pretty much.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

The Matrix is gutless I had a 05 Matrix XRS it was totally gutless, handling was loose. but the caldina chassis is the same as the matrix, I almost imported a halfcut once. But I decided to trade it in on my 4runner

Thread Information