CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Products you'd like tested.

Ok so I'm broke, don't tell anyone. I will be getting a job in the next week or so, and the weather around here is slowly getting better. Therefore, I'm willing to devote 150 dollars to product testing. I need to refurbish my supply of waxes and sprays and all that other fun stuff.

What would everyone like me to purchase/review? I'd like to get a wide variety of products, so all suggestions are appreciated.
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

I'd like to see about this new turtle wax formula that is supposedly much better than the old crappy stuff.

of all the products you make me test turtle wax?? DAMNIT!

hahaha, no problem. I think I'll pick that up next week anyways, so I can see how it holds up to New England weather. The problem with Turtlewax is how long it lasts. The shine is decent, but it lasts like 2 days.

Moral, please don't forget to pick up a bottle of their new and improved wax just as Mike already mentioned... i bought a bottle of that stuff but unfortunately i haven't had a chance to try it out yet :-\

the bottle claims to contain a high-quality wax that will improve the condition of your paint and offer long-lasting shine/protection... we would like you to backup this claim and prove it's true, ok?

read the above post Dom, I will tes it out for you.

Common products I've tested already and will write reviews on:
    -Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax.
    -Meguiar's 3 step wax process.
    -Meguiar's Gold Class paste clear coat wax.
    -Meguiar's Gold Class liquid clear coat wax.
    -Meguiar's and Mother's show car shine/quick detailer.
    -Mother's California Gold cleaner wax.
    -Mother's California Gold clay bar kit.
    -Zymöl Cleaner Wax.
    -Numerous tire and wheel cleaning products including Eagle One, Turtlewax, Orangeclean, Meguiar's, and others.
    -Various chrome/all metal cleaners (my personal favorite being Blue Magic).
    -Various scratch remover polishes including 3M and Meguiar's.
    -Applicator pads from a multitude of companies

I have a lot of other products in the garage that aren't coming to mind, but I've got a lot of writing to do for you guys, and carlos and myself will be discussing the proper format for the writeups so everyone can access them quickly and effectively.

gen5

If you're still interested in testing, I'd like to see that new Mr. Clean Autodry Pro kit tested.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco bloodredgt is on a distinguished road bloodredgt's Avatar

moral. Do you have wax in your black trim? I'd like someone to test and see if the peanut butter trick works. I heard that if you put peanut butter on the black trim, the oils from the peanut butter remove the wax and renew the trim. They said to put it on the trim overnight, then wash the peanut butter off when you give the car a bath. The only bad thing they said, was that their dog kept licking the black trim. LOL

Oh yeah, can you test out which tire foam cleaner/shiner is the best for looks and time duration? I've tried the turtle wax one and am sorely disappointed. The armor all one was good. But eagle one and all the other stuff would be great. Thx
    White 5th Gen GT-S 5 speed SOLD
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bloodred, I have tried the peanut butter thing and it really doesn't work that well. Best thing to do if you have wax stuck in creases is to work your way at it with a toothbrush. It's a detailing pseudo-secret

I have tried the following tire/wheel cleaners from Eagle 1, TurtleWax, Armor All, Orange Clean (or burst or whatever), Meguiars, and a few others. The absolute best tire/wheel cleaner is Eagle 1 Wheel and Tire Cleaner. If I can not find this Meguiar's Hot Rims works well too. However, the Eagle 1 takes less spray and does a fantastic job at removing grime. What is not removed is easily polished off with Blue Magic all metal polish. This stuff works well on ANYTHING metal. I clean my pedals, steering wheel, exhaust tips, wheels, etc. with this stuff every detail, and it is absolutely wonderful. Not to mention it's 3 dollars at wal-mart.

For tire foam/gloss, I have used just about everything on the market. Name the brand and I have used it. The best bang for your buck is Black Magic Tire Wet Gel. I purchased this gel over a year ago, and have not run out. I have used it countless numbers of times and it is just now getting to the bottom of the bottle. I use it on tires, trim (I've yet to try Back to Black from mother's, but the tire wet works VERY well at keeping trim black and healthy), almost all plastics on the interior and in the engine bay (be careful on hoses, it can ruin them), and various other spots. It lasts longer than any other product I have used, and provides an exceptional shine. It is around ten dollars at any auto parts store.

Quote Originally Posted by gen5
    If you're still interested in testing, I'd like to see that new Mr. Clean Autodry Pro kit tested.
    I have a friend who has used this kit, and it seems to work very well. It really does not leave any water marks, and it cleans the grime and crap off of the car quite well. If you want to wash your car more often without having to dry it every time, I will recommend this ~$20 kit.

Edicius

if you get wax on your window trim, i found the best thing to use is a bit of tire shine on a paper towel. just a light spray on a paper towel and wrap it around your finger and rub it over the needed spot. worked well for me.

WAx on rubber trim is most easily fixed with Mother's Back to Black and a bit of elbow grease. All a tire shine will do is add oils to the wax. It won't remove it. You don't want to use Dawn on it, and you certainly don't want to use a paint scrub on it.

Back to Black strips the top "oxidized" layer while moisturizing the remaining material.. really strange how it works, but it does what it's supposed to.

Honestly, it's best to NOT use tire-shine on exterior rubber parts (other than tires) as they do NOTHING for UV protection. Use Meguiar's or Mother's (or comparable) interior rubber/vinyl/plastic protectant. The NXT line is fantastic. This way, the rubber is not only moisturized, but also protected.

im not askin you to test anything, but the best stuff is Meguiars Gold Class wax...its really the best sh*t ive ever used (before i got my car painted). If you want your original paint to shine like a mudder vucker, use it. The best way to do it is wash it real good, use a clay bar, meguairs cleaner wax (optional), and then the gold class.

clay bars really work though, they restore your paint to practically new condition without buffing and using all sorts of compounds and crap
    Proud Owner of a 1991 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback
    AND a 1991 Z28 Chevorlet Camaro, 305 TPI, t-tops, shift kit, posi rear end

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:
    All new Super White II paint
    Seibon carbon fiber all trac style hood
    Weapon R dragon intake
    MB Motoring Wheels with Kuhmo performance tires
    JDM Clear Corners straight from Fukuoka Japan
    Power 1 exhaust by Vibrant Performance
    Pioneer head unit (frugal), Bosh plats, broken CHMSL

it is not the best stuff, I guarantee it. It doesn't last long enough to be considered the best.

The best i've used would be a combination of good wash, clay bar (Mothers), R2000 Paint Cleaner/Sealant (no longer available) and Zymöl wax applied thoroughly by hand with a small bit of water mixed in.

Above that, you can go with Pinnacle products, like their Souveran wax, but that gets very expensive.

i dont like my wax lasting forever, i dont want that sh*t to build up

Mods:
    Weapon R dragon intake

i mean the shine. Regardless, I don't leave wax on forever. I build up a few clean layers over a few months, and then strip it all off at the start of every season.

thats good

Mods:
    Weapon R dragon intake

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Careful on the Mothers Back to Black. I've used it and discovered while it does a great job of restoring colour initially, it can actually accelerate the greying later. I find it's sort of addictive...the more you use, the more you need to use.

Haven't had the chance to renew the trim and then hit it with a high quality protectant like 303 Aerospace...maybe that would prolong the positive effects of Back to Black.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

kinda like wet tire shine, if u use it enough, you will eventaulyl HAVE to use it or your tires will crack and rot

Mods:
    Weapon R dragon intake

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan
    kinda like wet tire shine, if u use it enough, you will eventaulyl HAVE to use it or your tires will crack and rot
    What the heck are you using for tire shine?

I used a Mother's product and I had a set of Advan A680. The sidewalls on those tires looked brand new the day I had to rip them off due to lack of tread.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Clay, paint cleaner and polish.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Thanks for the rim write up, Joe. I was just going to post what works good that you don't have to order off the net. I've seen both the Eagle and Blue Magic. I will pick them up.

In case no one saw it, on another thread I mentioned I am trying this Collinite stuff to wax my car. It's supposed to last a year. We'll see. Its rather pricey too. It is detergent proof like it says though.

Pollen season is almost gone...now to keep the cat prints off the hood

I hafta keep this boy tied to the plow or he'll run off on me

Originally Posted by ciento44
    Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

that's always a nice surprise after you detail a car.

You're welcome for the wheel writeup

Do you have to polish the car after you clay it? I definitely want to clay my car with the Meguiars Clay Bar, and then wax it twice with the Meguiars Gold Class Wax. Should I do something in between the claying and waxing process?

1993 Celica GT-S - Eibach ProKit, Alltrac Hood, CS Bumper, JDM Clear Corners, Clear Front Bumper, 35% Tints, Kicker RMB8, Lenso Samurai Bronze 17" Wheels

2007 GTI - NewSouth Boost Gauge, APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-Flo Intake

Thread Information