CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default timing belt cover problem

I'm trying to get the top timing belt cover off and it's being such a bitch.. I got all of the bolts out and it moves around freely yet something is still catching it up.. I can't pull it out.. it's like hanging up on something..

If someone here can't give me some help as to what the fuck it is I'm just going to get the pry bar out tomorrow and break this piece of plastic shit the fuck up.. get out the torch and just melt through it all.. I'm so fucking sick and tired of working on it.. I spent over an hour getting the rear bottom bolt out so the cover would come loose.. everything is so packed in on that side of the car it isn't even funny.

btw it's a '90 GTS 5SFE

heh.. Fuck it.. today I just got a chain out and put it through the hole in the cover that lets you access the camshaft pulley and I stepped back and yanked a few times and out she came.. busted some piece of the plastic off.. the piece that was getting caught up.. don't care. I was able to put the cover back on.. this time with much more ease and next time I'll be able to take it right off with out any shit.

Patience is a vertue.

so is brute force lol

Senior Member CelicaGT4 will become famous soon enough

Fuck that shit, kick it's ass and spit in it's face!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

n00b lloydjv is on a distinguished road lloydjv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    heh.. Fuck it.. today I just got a chain out and put it through the hole in the cover that lets you access the camshaft pulley and I stepped back and yanked a few times and out she came.. busted some piece of the plastic off.. the piece that was getting caught up.. don't care. I was able to put the cover back on.. this time with much more ease and next time I'll be able to take it right off with out any shit.
    I hear ya. I pretty much had to do the same thing. Found it easier to jack the engine a little higher, though.

You think the 5S has no room!!

Breaking it's not the best idea. It'll let crap get on the timing belt....

Did you pull the engine mount?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information