CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Car audio component and company reviews

How about we have a thread dedicated to car audio reviews as well as the customer service we've had with the companies? Here's mine...

Products:

Infinity Kappa 63.7i - This is a 3 way 6.5 inch speaker I installed in my ranger, the highs are extremely clear and not screachy at all. The bass production is only decent though, not very loud, but doesnt distort and sounds pretty good overall

Infinity Kappa 42.7i - This is a 2 way 4 inch speaker that surprised me, the highs are about the same as the 6.5 inch kappa, but for it's size it produces a substantial amount of bass. Very good little speaker, well worth the investment.

Infinity Refference REF9623I - This is a 3 way 6x9 inch speaker. the bass is not substantial without amplifier, however the highs it produces are near as good as the kappa series speakers.

Infinity BassLink T - In my opinion, this thing is a complete waste of money. I went through 3 of them, they all just quit working for no real reason, but the sound quality was good, and the bass it produced was pretty loud all things considered. It isn't an off the walls system, but soutible for limited space if you can get it to stay working.

Kicker CompVR CVR122 - An awesome 12 inch subwoofer. I had it loaded in my grand prix, and it pushed well through the trunk isulation to make it to the passenger compartment. In a dual sub set up, this speaker is very capable of serious bass.

Companies:

So far I have only dealt with Infinity due to the basslink t

Infinity - I can say they are devoted to making the customer happy. I had an incident where one of the lower level employee's tried to say I was at fault for the systems failing, but I wasnt. I talked to a person higher up, and he said many were reported to have the same issue, and after the 3rd time one failed, he paid to have it shipped back and reembersed it with different speaker sets that add up to the total cost of the system. Overall I am very happy with the service provided, great quality speakers, and they respond fairly quickly to e-mails and were very helpful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

kicker ks series 4x6- lived up to the kicker name of being loud, very harsh highs comming from the metal tweeter, sound quality isnt the best.

agree with the infinity line-up

JL audio TR690TXi 6x9- installed in my camaro. very nice sound, excellent highs and bass. had 70 watts going to them through HU.

blaupunkt (dont remember model number) (have clear blue cone) previously installed in the camaro but now in brothers beretta and they are an excellent cheap upgrade over stock. highs are not harsh, they do not like alot of bass even over stock wattage (start to destort.)

tc sounds tc-1000 series subwoofer. two of them installed in a ranger is very nice, in 3cu^ft box per sub tuned to 32hz is extremely loud and clear. very nice spl and sq subwoofer alike. hits so hard makes cd player skip.

cadence TXW-12S 12" subwoofer. installed two of them in the celica. very nice sound quality subwoofer. are loud but for the price could be better. one of the soulders in my sub broke so it is no longer functioning. emailed costumer service and they are very nice. sent it out yesterday for repair/new one and will be here probably by the middle of next week.

rockford fosgate p2 12". installed two in buddies ranger before he got tc-1000. where loud but box did most of the work. had 1.25 cu^ft pre-manufactured box, put a port in and tuned it to 45hz and was alot louder. after a while of beating one of the subs soulders broke and has been sitting in my room ever since. would recommend them for cheap subwoofer.

kicker cvr 12". installed two in by friends saturn. very loud subwoofer for the price. if you dont want to spend alot of money and want alot of bass would highly recommend.

pyramid power 12" subwoofers. my first install lol, installed 2 of them in my old cavalier in a sealed box. payed like $50 per sub and was expecting alot less. are a really good sub for the price, just for the price though. sold them for a 50% profit so where well worth my time.

lightning audio 12" bought from walmart for like $50. was an alright subwoofer when i didnt have anything else in the celica. was overpowered by a kicker amp. box i had it in was awsome, people though i had two 12" in the back. started to smell voice coil all the time so i sold it for $40 bucks with the box (gave them the subwoofer)
    amps~
    cadence TXA-3002 1200 watt amp. 2 channel, comes with a bass nob. got on outlet at cadencestoreonline for $130. very nice amp, very nice chrome finish. hooked up in the celica powering the two cadence 12". highly recommend for the price!

rockford fosgate punch 600watt. powered the rockfords. very nice amp.... its rockford come on! didnt come with a bass nob which would have been nice for girlfriend. highly recommend all rockford amps.

alpine MRP-F650. 600 watt rms at 2ohms. powering the two tc-1000. very nice amp. pushes the tc's very nicely. good clear clean power. recommend alpine as well lol.

old school kicker ZR240. very loud, does not have any gain settings or bass boost. i am pritty sure that is the right model number. had it hooked up to a cheap lightning audio subwoofer which it almost blew. (bass on HU was then turned all the way off =)

i have to do some school work now but will add more when i have time.
    1990 celica gt hatchback. system 10, alpine cd-player, two 12" cadence TXW-12S series subwoofers, 1200 watt TXA-3002 cadence amp, rockford wire. custom build box tuned to 32hz.

new system added. four 12" ultra linear subs in a dual/common chamber tuned to 38hz. = alot of flex!

the kicker ZR240 (and all ZR's of that series) were fantastic amps, but you are incorrect about the gain. Of course it has gain adjustment. And it does have bass boost if you install the correct module. That particular module actually has a remote adjustment knob you can install in the cabin of the vehicle. I have had several of these amps. You can still find them, but the different modules are hard to find.

yes indeed it has been though hell and back between my friends and i. (friend forgot it outside after cleaning out his garage). when i got it it never came with a knob or anything, it really never bothered me i just adjusted everything on my HU so it was all good.
    1990 celica gt hatchback. system 10, alpine cd-player, two 12" cadence TXW-12S series subwoofers, 1200 watt TXA-3002 cadence amp, rockford wire. custom build box tuned to 32hz.

new system added. four 12" ultra linear subs in a dual/common chamber tuned to 38hz. = alot of flex!

Thread Information