CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: what to do what to do

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • fix it

5 55.56%
  • sell

2 22.22%
  • just drive like it

2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'sad sad day'

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

Unhappy 'sad sad day'

my car was packed at my boy house for a lilbit and a pilled up crack head hit it. i dont have insurance on it cause i dont drive it and the crack head didnt have insurance so if i was to fix it, it would be with my money what shold i do?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by lburner; 10-16-2007 at 08:02 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

That sucks, I feel for you. I'm still in the process of fixing my car out of my pocket. How bad is the damage? Any mechanical damage or is all cosmetic?

edit: looks like your core support got pushed back, you'd need to get that pulled back out. Bumper looks salvageable. You can definitely get it back into shape, the question is if it's worth it to you. You could just drive like that. A new fender will run you probably around $60, front trim piece like $10, new corner $10. Getting the front pulled out will probably be $200-300 if you look around. I had a person do it on the side for me for $300 but mine was pushed back a bit more than yours. It's a pain pulling it back on our cars, since everything has to be perfect to line up with the pop up headlights. A lot of shops just recommend welding a new support in but that's around $500, and your car doesn't look too bad. Looks like the bumper support braced most of the impact. It's just what it looks like from the pic since the hood isn't lining up with the headlights.
    Last edited by Slider; 10-16-2007 at 08:16 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar

just uped pic

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

You type like a crack head.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    :lolhittin

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Yeah and whats with the avatar? lol just messin but really that sucks...I hate retards like that. The damaged doesnt look severally bad though so if you get some parts from a junk yard you should be able to get it back to normal

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

yah seriously, sounds liek you really dont care about the car, if it drives straight then drive it the way it is... doesnt look that bad unless its into your core support.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

pull the body apart, use a big hammer.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Kill the crackhead, Harvest his organs. buy a G35 and call it a day.

so everyone got jokes

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

soot dog, it aint dat bad jew. dat shis gonna buff out on da real doe. lease you cun roll it stilz!

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hookecho
    soot dog, it aint dat bad jew. dat shis gonna buff out on da real doe. lease you cun roll it stilz!
    :lolhittin
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

door, fender, headlight assembly, core support rebend, possible suspension damage, bumper foam and cover. paint. i see 1800 plus. you can get another gt for that price.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

time to get the cs/rc bumper you might want to get the crashbar for it too

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    That sucks, I feel for you. I'm still in the process of fixing my car out of my pocket. How bad is the damage? Any mechanical damage or is all cosmetic?

edit: looks like your core support got pushed back, you'd need to get that pulled back out. Bumper looks salvageable. You can definitely get it back into shape, the question is if it's worth it to you. You could just drive like that. A new fender will run you probably around $60, front trim piece like $10, new corner $10. Getting the front pulled out will probably be $200-300 if you look around. I had a person do it on the side for me for $300 but mine was pushed back a bit more than yours. It's a pain pulling it back on our cars, since everything has to be perfect to line up with the pop up headlights. A lot of shops just recommend welding a new support in but that's around $500, and your car doesn't look too bad. Looks like the bumper support braced most of the impact. It's just what it looks like from the pic since the hood isn't lining up with the headlights.
    what? why are you paying for it out of your own pocket? i thought u caught the ass that hit and run on you

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Senior Member cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light cs363 is a glorious beacon of light

I thought you had to have compulsory third party insurance in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by cs363

well he doesnt have it cause he doesnt drive, and people can drive without insurance just not legally. and if you hit someone the other person is shit out of luck.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica91gts
    what? why are you paying for it out of your own pocket? i thought u caught the ass that hit and run on you
    I had 2 accidents. First one was my fault, totally messed my front end up, bumper, core support, front trim, headlight assembly, corner light. I have liability insurance so it only pays for damages to the other person. Doesn't cover my own car if it's my fault.

2nd accident someone hit my side and messed up the fender and mirror, I went through their insurance. I got some money out of that luckily. I'm only going to be out of $100-200 max combining both incidents. Most of the work I'm doing myself including paint. The only labor I paid for was the pulling of the core support. At first I found someone to do it for $200 but the guy was really busy, so I went to the next option and found someone else, he wanted $400, I talked him down to $300 and it was done the same day, came out surprisingly well, I didn't expect everything to line up as well as it did.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

anyone want to buy it

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cs363
    You are required by law to have it, if the car is driven on public roads. However, unlike Australia (and I assume, New Zealand), it is not included with the car's registration.

I say, have the car's mechanical condition checked out (look for engine and suspension damage) if it's okay, or an easy fix, then just keep it as a daily driver and put the money into something else.

Get insurance, and English lessons.
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hobbie2k
    Get insurance, and English lessons.

Best advice!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Thread Information