CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Fuel pump died.... HELP..!!!

Like the title says, the fuel pump on my 5th Gen died yesterday after 13 years and some 203.000 Km.
    The car wont start because of gas and if I bang the pump with a hammer the car starts and runs fine until I turn the engine off again so now I'm looking for a replacement (maybe a ST185 pump) or an upgrade (planning ahead for a turbo).

So far I'm considering:
    - Normal ST182 (GT/GT-S) pump
    - GT4/Alltrac gas pump
    - Walbro high perf. pump (I think its 250 lts/h)
    - (Your suggestion here)

I would really apreciate if anyone could help me find a price quote for the pump (since I dont live in the US, and the price here is outrageous).

Thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Um.. unless you are planning a turbo setup in the very near future, just stick with the stock pump.. don't buy into that expensive walbro bullshit.. It's WAY more fuel than you need.. Just get a stock replacement.

The GT4/Alltrac pumps are for the 3SGTE, so once again will be flowing way more fuel than you need..

You have a 5th Gen Celica.. so it's a 90-93.. right?

You have a 3SGE too.. and the only celica's that came with that motor are pre 90's..

Cheapest price I see for one at www.autopartsworld.com is 161.00 before shipping and that is for a DENSO.. Which is factory equipment.. very good choice if you ask me. That is for an '89 Celica GTS.. should work fine in your tank.. no differences..

Autozone wants a 104.00 for a brand called Master, which is their common OEM replacement for a lot of different parts.. personally I'd go with the Denso..

No matter what you do, make sure you put a new strainer on the pump too and would be a good time to put a new fuel filter on unless you've recently done that.

Thread Information