CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yay! for TWM!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default Yay! for TWM!

Just installed there "Desert Eagle" shift knob. It really cleaned up my shifting! Shifts are a million times smoother, plus the stainless finish feels like butter underneath my hand. So happy with this 100 dollars!

I also have the speed source bushings, stainless clutch line, new OEM clutch slave and master cylinder, spec stage IV unsprung clutch, RC alltrac transmission, and the TWM short shifter.

I'm in love with shifting, finally!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Woops, need to turn the knob a bit more, logo's not center

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

pssstt ricer exscuses for not being able to shift fast enough.

But all and all looks good.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

We'll see what you think of that stainless knob after it's been sitting in direct sunlight for a few hours
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hobbie2k
    We'll see what you think of that stainless knob after it's been sitting in direct sunlight for a few hours
    lol, thats why i went with my trd leather shift knob with my twm short shifter.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Images

Thats what the leather pouch is for

Images

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    pssstt ricer exscuses for not being able to shift fast enough.

But all and all looks good.
    adding one and half pounds to your shift knob is an amazing thing

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

yes it is. i have almost the same mods as you. but i made my own short shift out of a 6th gen shifter and i have a sparco knob. my shifting is ok but 2nd to first is a pain. especially while autocrossing. i didnt open my rc box before i put it in though. im also running a southbend full face sprung clutch.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Isn't a no spring clutch a little rough on the trans for a street car?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

yeah, and your foot.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy10889
    yeah, and your foot.

gt4rcdude Isn't a no spring clutch a little rough on the trans for a street car?
    No, and No! The spec clutch is lighter then factory (but very comparable). This is my second one, first one was a Spec stage II that I got at least 50k miles on ( not sure, have think about it), both use the same pressure plate.

The throw of the pedal is the same, but there is a smaller engagement point. I have around 10k daily driven miles in Portland on it, not a complaint in the world!

I would let most people test drive it out in a parking lot

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

I have all the speed source pieces in mine with a TWM shortshifter.. the difference from a stock car is phenomenal.

Images

Buy a knob, you wont regret it! Plus its height adjustable, which is neat.

i have a momo f16 titanium knob in my car, with the stock shifter, its ok, i bought it mainly because of the looks. that twm knob does look sexy.

i was thinking about getting the short shifter kit... how hard is it to install?

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

Images

They provide fantastic directions, its a breeze.

If you get the short shifter, you've gotta get the knob. I cant explain it, you just have to experience it!

Usually with the short shifter, you will need more effort to change the gear.
    With weighed shift knob, it makes you shift using less effort.
    I have the same SS shift knob.
    I have no problem changing the gear using 2 fingers.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Just installed there "Desert Eagle" shift knob. It really cleaned up my shifting! Shifts are a million times smoother, plus the stainless finish feels like butter underneath my hand. So happy with this 100 dollars!

I also have the speed source bushings, stainless clutch line, new OEM clutch slave and master cylinder, spec stage IV unsprung clutch, RC alltrac transmission, and the TWM short shifter.

I'm in love with shifting, finally!
    Hi Sean,

The shift knob looks great, glad to see you enjoy it

Thanks for the pic.

Kevin
    TWM
    Built for Tuners. By Tuners.

Its cause Sean is a baller.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'd buy one but I need to save money for new race rubber... my V710s are about done for...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Images

Wait, I've got better pictures then that

wait wait, you mean to tell me a shift knob improved your shifting? Uhh shift knobs dont change the way the car shifts, I'm guessing it just has a better feel when you shift lol but still looks very nice

Member smog7 is on a distinguished road smog7's Avatar

it looks soo purty

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celicaGT90_05
    wait wait, you mean to tell me a shift knob improved your shifting? Uhh shift knobs dont change the way the car shifts, I'm guessing it just has a better feel when you shift lol but still looks very nice
    Shift knobs can change height, throw and balance.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Shift knobs can change height, throw and balance.
    Well true, it's never made a difference for me although the stock knob on my ranger was about the same size as the ones I use now lol

Thread Information