CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New Celica worth it?

I have the opportunity to possibly get a "new" 1991 Celica GTS hatchback for around 500-600. It's lowered, has all new belts, distributor, exhaust, alternator, has a new paint job (rustless body), and a hood scoop. It supposedly has no fluid leaks, no oil burn, etc. It has 174k miles on it.

Right now I'm driving a 1990 Celica GT with 148k miles, not so great paint job, and intermittent oil burn/leak.

The car is real nice and seems like it would be worth pursuing, however I don't know what I would do with two Celicas.

Any advice on this?

[edit]
    I don't usually see too many Celicas around or for sale, so perhaps that makes an illusion that this is a rare or good deal. I don't know if it's even worth it, I was just thinking on if I should go after it or not. I could keep my current Celly as a winter car and buy the other one and drive it for summer or something.
    Last edited by Baffles; 08-02-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Thats what i would do. One for winter and one for summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    She's sold
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !

$600 for a Celica is a steal. Especially if it's in as good condition as you say it is. BUY IT!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

doooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttttt

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

$600 for an entire inventory of spare parts. Hmmm. NO BRAINER!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

if you dont want it I know others who do heh
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Don't buy it... Instead give me there name and number, and if possible address...

I spent 2,250 on my 93 celica "ST", and that was with a bad strut and a paint neglect, it did have clear on it though. And it burns oil like its DRINKING IT.

Well, it's best offer (and the current high offer is 500) so I may end up spending more on it. I have extra cash from graduation, so I'll go for it (as long as I can get my parents permission to store a second car here someplace).

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

i bought my 91 gt for 2300, so uh yeah get it.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I just bought mine for $600 .

I wish my celica came with parts lol the only thing I got was a stripped interior...but that'll help when I get a new one haha

yess buy it nooww haha b4 i hunt it down and buy it maself haah id die to get another at that price

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Good deal...do it just for parts or something to mess around with. Or drive it if it sounds so nice. Good find for that price though.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

KotahGTS

if the parents say it's a no go, then let me at it! i'll do a drive for it. i need another car at the moment. i mean otherwise, i think it sounds like a good deal. but i don't know all the details.

id say get it
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I would do it.

I paid $2500 for Chaos (`90 ST) and traded my truck. This was a long time ago though.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I'd pay more than that just for GT-S fenders and just random things from the car, let alone the whole kit and kaboodle running like a champ.

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

yea i bought a 92 st that was wrecked in the left rear for 600 dollars, and i thought that was a steal!

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

I dont know why you wouldnt want it if its running that good for all those parts, I mean even if somethin goes wrong theres no loss cuz it was only $600, and hell you might be able to talk him down to $400 or $500

Default I have same question

I being offered a 92 GT Convert. auto with some problems but major problem is strange. It hit a jeep and broke some plastics and pushed back radiator dislodging radiator hose on bottom and it overheated once. So now you can hear a vacuum and I am guessing that seals on water pump or head gasket is letting pressure. It heats after 45 mins of driving but will cool down in 15 mins and can be drivin. I am going to post in main. There is a leak of maybe a large cup. I see slight leak on water pump but the pump is circulating because valve was taken off and you see circulation. Let me know will post in main. also. They are asking $300.

thks jl.

Did he end up getting the Celi? I really hope you did. I baught my first for $$700 (Cnd) with horrible rust and a smashed front fender.

It ended up being sold for $1400, which is more free cash than I have to spend at the moment.

Thread Information