CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fog Lights

Default Fog Lights

I purchased a OEM fog light switch and threw a relay in my Celica after I ordered actual fog lamps from someone on this board. Well, I figured they just went in the front bumper, but after closer examination, you need special holes in the bumper for fog lamps. :duh:

Now I have 2 lamps here that I don't have cutouts in my bumper for. I already have the switch and everything in, and I was planning on using these as DRLs and extra night visibility moreso than as fog lamps.

:brick:

I'm thinking about buying some aftermarket driving lights or something that can easily be mounted in the vent holes in the front of the bumper. Does anyone here have any suggestions as to good ones that will fit well and look good? They can't be too big, because I want to still use stock wiring, and I'm not sure how much juice the stock wiring for it can hold up to.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Not sure if I understand your problem, if you have the 1990 bumper they go right in. You don't need to cut any plastic part of the bumper, it mounts to the metal. Did you buy the 90-91 fogs? Do you have the stock bumper?

Pardon the salt/dirt, this was taken during the winter. Your bumper should be the same as mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Interesting, that looks like my bumper, but I didn't see the mounts for my passenger side one. The bumper has been replaced as the previous owner got backed into.

So maybe they will fit in, I'll have to go look more carefully.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

passenger:

driver:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Also, do you happen to know what size bolts those are? The fogs didn't come with them, so I have to source my own.

[edit]
    Yup, just went outside and saw the bolt holes. Sweet!
    Last edited by Baffles; 07-31-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Images

Sorry, no idea

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

10 or 12mm

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Thanks.

Thread Information