CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default ok ive figured things out, mostly

well i was gonna pick up that red 240 sx but the trans is going and the lady wont take my 200 dollar offer now that the trans is shot so i did some thinking,

ok when i get my 6 months in at work i can get a car loan in which ill look fo a car in the under 9k range

so im looking at these 2

a late model 6th gen

or

a 03,04 hyundai tib gt v6 6speed

then take money ill make selling the stx, and buy a 3rd gen celica, and restore it

sound good?
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Tib? Ew. I'm not even going to find support for saying that, but I don't like em.

Get a 6th gen

Sorry, but honestly, how many threads like this have you made?

"I'm gunna _____________"

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan

"I'm gunna _____________"
    So? Let the guy dream. As for the Tib, take a 6th gen and the Tib for a drive. From what I hear, the tibs aren't bad cars, and they're probably the first good looking Hyundai ever made. Plus, the V6 is going to be quite a bit quicker than any stock American 6th gen. Plus you'll be getting one hell of a warranty with it.
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Just chill with teh car you have now and save up even more money for something better

:wavingfuc

anyways ive driven a tib gt v6 6speed and i really like them , but the only issue i can think he had was he got the clutch replaced under warrenty, springs broke , but the 04 models got a upgraded clutch stock.

but ive always loved the 6th gen in either body style. they are decently quick and i can still get better gas milage than the tib v6 and its lighter .

i like my car and all but its time for something else that i can rack up 200+k on
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Buy an alltrac... haha.

Get a 6th gen. You know you want it.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

If your wanting to get 200+K on something else better make it a 6th Gen.. You might get lucky to put 120 K on a Hyundai.. Mom bought one and the motor blew at like 120,xxx

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ocb_dave_ocb
    If your wanting to get 200+K on something else better make it a 6th Gen.. You might get lucky to put 120 K on a Hyundai.. Mom bought one and the motor blew at like 120,xxx
    My Toyota's motor blew at 82,000. A friend has an Excel with 192,000 and it's still strong. There are no guarantees with any used cars, but at least with the Hyundai he's gonna get a good five years of warranty. That's more than enough time to pay it off completely.
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Quote Originally Posted by hobbie2k
    My Toyota's motor blew at 82,000. A friend has an Excel with 192,000 and it's still strong. There are no guarantees with any used cars, but at least with the Hyundai he's gonna get a good five years of warranty. That's more than enough time to pay it off completely.
    Thats very true.. Im just going from experience.. Mom bought that Car brand NEW off the lot.. I had a 94 4x4 DLX toyota pickup had a 163,xxx when i sold it.. didnt leak oil ran strong.. my celica is a 92 GT and it has probably 350,xxx still runs great minus the oil leak....But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. Dont get me wrong I think the tibby's look good.. I think my next one is going to be a SCION TC

Thread Information