CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Bouncy or stiff ride?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bouncy

0 0%
  • Stiff

19 100.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Default Do you like a bouncy or stiff ride?

I was thinking today about doing some mods to my suspension. But it came to me what my goal really would be. Sometimes I do like bouncy, but other times I like feeling the road on a stiff ride. What are your opinions on the matter?

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

I hate driving my 240 everyday due to the stiff suspension of the tein HE coilovers... I like to drive my celica daily because its a soft stock suspension..... when it comes down to the Race Car I would rather have it stiff and the daily driven car soft.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

well im opposite i love the stiff ride because its responsive. It comfortabale to me and handling is by far is awesome. If you driven the new camry, thats what my car feels like right now but with stiffer springs.

She's sold
    !

I'm less comfortable when the body is flopping all over the place and I'm bouncing at every dip on the freeway. The only time I prefer mushy suspension is on a punishingly bumpy road where I just don't want to know what is happening to the alignment. Otherwise.. I'd rather KNOW and not just pound the shit out of the car because it "feels" ok.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

I'm with t-spoon on that.

I have KYB AGX adjustables at the moment with a crappy set of eiboch pro springs on my 240 now. It's not too bad I put it to the softest settings for daily driving and it's a little firmer than stock. taking out most of the body roll. then I put them up if I go to the track depending on how I feel that day.

If your car doubles as a Daily driver and ocassional race car. Look into adjustables

See im the person who like the feeling of flying through curvy bumpy roads and bouncing everywhere. But I guess thats more of a truck thing, the celica is nothing to mess with and screw up my suspension.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

450in/lbs springs in the front and 350in/lbs springs in the rear + Koni yellows makes for a pretty harsh ride. But I love it. Stiffer is better in my book.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Stiff in my car, bouncy with the girls.

I do the same as Philly, soft setting agx for normal daily driving. Then stiffen it up if I'm going to be on good roads or track.
    1988 Toyota Celica GT Convertible
    -Sony CDX-MP40 Head Unit -3½" Boston Acoustics FX3 -6x9" Boston Acoustics FX9³
    -TWM short shifter -Jasper Remanufactured 3S-FE -Hella E-Spec H4 Conversion
    -Flowmaster muffler -Electron cloth top -KYB AGX & GR-2 -Eibach Pro-kit springs
    -Centerline Storm 17x7 -Firestone 205/40/17 Wide Oval

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Konis on soft are still uber stiff... stiff on the Konis is... retarded stiff...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Futant3
    Stiff in my car, bouncy with the girls.
    And the girls would typically answer, bouncy in the car, stiff with boys

The best of both worlds is adjustable shocks. There are some newer ones with modified valving that give a compliant (not really bouncy or stiff) ride but stiffen up as soon as the movement gets more rapid. They're a trade-off but some people really like the "automatic shocks".
    www.greywinds.com

its called soft suspension, not bouncy lol my grand prix deffinately has a soft suspension and it can't take corners worth a shit, but I love the ride. My trucks a bit stiffer and it handles great for a truck on corners, it's about like my celica. I'm kinda in the middle, I dont care much about ride comfort, I do like gripping the road, but at the same time those hard bumps get real annoying. My sony never skipped in the grand prix, but now does in the ranger over the same hard bumps

Junior Member AzD_GT4 is on a distinguished road

iv put koni shocks and sports springs (king springs) on mine and its awesome. i can adjust the konis but i much prefer them as stiff as possible cos the sharp handling and responsive feel it gives really brings out the best in the celica drive, in my opinion.

Images

yeah the Koni yellows main part of adjustment is in the final quarter stiffness... but there's a LOT of adjustment there.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    I hate driving my 240 everyday due to the stiff suspension of the tein HE coilovers... I like to drive my celica daily because its a soft stock suspension..... when it comes down to the Race Car I would rather have it stiff and the daily driven car soft.
    Man, i thought I was the only one who thought 240s ride like ass on hard suspension. I had Tein S-Tech springs and it was a little bit uncomfortable at times. I still love my 240 though.

I love my TEINs. With the adjustable sway bar most of the push is dialed out. If I ever feel like springing for the EDFC, I can change the ride on the fly. No brainer. But since it's not my daily driver, I really don't care.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco bloodredgt is on a distinguished road bloodredgt's Avatar

Stiff. Sure the girlfriend might not like it. But she'll get used to it =P.
    White 5th Gen GT-S 5 speed SOLD
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 6spd

Thread Information