CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Help with broken popup light

So i have a 5th Gen ST and the other day one of the lights ceased to pop when I turned them on. I can kinda see that the wire going from behind the light into the back of the bulb is jammed in so that the light wont open. Is there a way to remove the light without it up? Or is there a manual way to lift the light up? I looked through my Haynes and it only shows takin the light out if it is up. The light still turn on but it wont popup, I hate not being able to drive at night.

ST162MECH

There is a manual way to lift the light up there is a knob on the inside sides of both lights (maybe coverd with rubber cap) turn it in direction of arrow

Ok cool thanks I got the light with the broken motor up (at least im assuming broken motor as the light itself still works) and now I want both lights to be up all the time. I cranked both of them up using the manual knob but now the working light still goes up and down with the lights. Is there a way to leave them both up all the time whether they are on or not? Maybe a fuse I can pull that will stop both headlight motors?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

There is a fuse under the hood, it's a 30amp fused labeled RTR. Or you could just not turn the headlight switch all the way off but turn it to the second position, that way all the lights are off and the headlights stay up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

minou87

Or you could just manually raise the headlights and then disconnect the headlight motors.

HOLY CRAPOLA...same exact thing happened to me this morning....How long is the replacement on a motor like that...?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    There is a fuse under the hood, it's a 30amp fused labeled RTR. Or you could just not turn the headlight switch all the way off but turn it to the second position, that way all the lights are off and the headlights stay up.
    Cool, maybe ill look at that fuse, i figured out the headlight switch thing just minutes after posting about the fuse.

Afro: It took me about 30 minutes to get the headlights cranked up manually partially because the crank wouldnt catch right away so i had to have a roommate pull up on the broken light a little bit while I turned that knob, after that it caught and raised just fine.

Thanks for your help guys.

Thread Information