CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New product. 3SGTE hard (billet) throttle body inlet.

New product. 3SGTE hard throttle body inlet.

Features are:

Use a larger pipe and coupling rather than the 2 inch pipe that fits in the rubber inlet.

Velocity stack taper to port matched on the intake manifold side.

End matches up to a 2.5 (63.5mm) intercooler pipe.

O-ring for an airtight seal, even under high boost.

Direct replacement.

Billet Aluminum construction.

Powder coating available.

Will not work with factory top mount intercooler.

Pre-order price is $45
    Shipping is flat rate $15
    Silver gloss, or gloss black powder coat is $15
    Chrome type or other colors are $3 more

Contact admin@tiecc.net for more details.

These will be in short supply so buy early! Expect 30 days from now for delivery.

Did you use solidworks to make this drawing?

/BANNED

Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta has a spectacular aura about Ricksta's Avatar
    Ricksta has donated to the forums!

why would i buy something that you havent even produced yet?!?! you cant even supply a real picture of it. whats new about it?!? ats offers a bigger throttle body as well.

what are you going to tell me thats gonna make me purchase this over ats's product?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Azzazzyn
    the fact that you would nut while fucking another man's skull says a lot about you
    ~DISCLAIMER~
    Please be aware before you feed me, I may or may not be trolling you.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco angryyoungnpoor is on a distinguished road

Images

Ricky, it's 10 bux cheaper.

I'd like to see some other sizes, though I think my intercooler piping is 2.5 inch.. hm..

I'd also like to see the benefit's over stock.
    1990 White GTS/W swap ///// 1992 RED GT

its solid edge.
    like i said before, custom sizes are avalable. material will be here this week, parts will be done early next week. email me direct to order a custom size. this way i have writtin info to show your custom size

Quote Originally Posted by Ricksta
    why would i buy something that you havent even produced yet?!?! you cant even supply a real picture of it. whats new about it?!? ats offers a bigger throttle body as well.

what are you going to tell me thats gonna make me purchase this over ats's product?!?
    Reason being is that he can invest the time into making a model without having put a single dollar into material or machining costs. If it flops (due to not enough interest) then all he loses is the time making the model, instead of cash on material and machining time as well.

Looks like SW to me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If this thing is made well, Id say its prolly better than an ATS inlet simply for the fact that its O-Ringed.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

rob, i'd trust an OEM metal gasket over a rubber gasket like that anyday.
    the only advantage i can see to this is that your going to make them in custom sizes...
    looks like a fun project none the less.

click
    for the specs of my 5sfte

like i said, we will test it at 120 psi. if nothing leaks from 120 psi, nothing will leak from a turbo, havent herd of more than 61 psi on a supra, not sure what the highest boosted 3s is. those high horsepower pull tractors that you see racing are super high boost. close to 100 psi i think.

if anything is going to leak in the system, it will be some clamp on the intercooler pipes before it is the oring.

Sorry Manny. ORings are used when pressure can exceed a gasket.

Again, I say, if its Oringed, and the Oring works correctly, it will seal better than an ATS Inlet.

Theres a reason why they use Orings in HIGH pressure applications.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

plus gaskets are pounched out and orings cause OEM's to have to do more work to make a place on the part for the oring to seal. gaskets are cheaper in the long one. part will be ready next week for testing and for sale.

sorry it took so long to get them up. avalable for shipping right now. email me admin@tiecc.net. dont forget to tell me if u want it powdercoated.

Out of curiosity, how was that fabbed? Is that one solid piece from aluminum billet

yea it was fabed from a solid alum piece

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedImage92
    yea it was fabed from a solid alum piece
    A square block or do you get them in a rough shape?

Just out of curiosity. It seems like a waste of most metal during the milling process. Or can you reclaim the scraps and reforge them again?

well we recycle the alum, but its actually a 12 ft bar, but it is close to the max out side edges. it would be cheaper (in the long run) to make a mold and cast them, but to have the mold and everything made is really expensive. also, cast alum is crappy compaired to machined, but forged is better.

cast= mold under low pressure
    mim= medal injection molded is ok, but expensive to set up.
    billet= machined from solid piece
    forged= mold under high pressure

Why is there no bead on the end to help seal the IC piping?
    You took the time to O-ring it and make it nice and you didn't bother to bead it?

While the ATS version doesn't have an O-ring it's got a bead on the end....
    And I'd worry MUCH more about my pipe blowing off from lack of a bead than from a gasket not sealing in the rear. Even a paper gasket [mine made from a manilla folder] will hold a good amount. Mine held 18 PSI.
    I bet the IC piping will blow off at 18 PSI on that.....

You know Jeremy I didnt even notice there isnt a lip.

DUDE get a lip on there.

J00 need one.

Hm, no answer.
    And last activity is 8-23 [after I replied].

Not really surprised.
    Wannabes......

i just got an email that there was any activity... do you have beads on ur IC pipe? get t-bolt clamps, it wont leak or blow off.

I had a 205 IC with the adaptor, so I don't need T bolt clamps.

However, I strongly suggest you bead those if you want to sell them. Even with T bolt clamps a hose can blow if there's no bead.

do u have beaded pipes?

Im with Jeremy, it needs to flare, or be beaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    Im with Jeremy, it needs to flare, or be beaded.
    Thirded. I blew off about every pipe you could imagine on my supra, included the TB connection once. T-bolts helped, but on one elbow nothing stopped it until I had beads put on it. Bead seems too easy to skip, IMO.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈrĉʃənlˌaɪz, ˈrĉʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Thread Information