CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar
    carlosfandango has donated to the forums!

Default plugs for the nitrous baby?

3SGE uk stock 147 bhp,133ib/ft@4800rpm. ive dyno'd at 145bhp.
    stock header and fueling.

current mods, full free flow custom 3inch zorst, no cat. cone filter and intake pipework, fifty hp wet nitrous kit - dyno'd at 205bhp at 6500 rpm.

to be done - 1.2mm TTE MHG, performance clutch, up jets to 75hp.
    as well as ignition timimg adjustment for knock, what plugs would you use? expecting at least two thirty horses under full throttle at 6500 rpm under the gas.

and we run 98ron super in the uk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;
    K6 Suzuki GSX1300R K6 Hayabusa. 9 sec qtr.
    RR-V Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
    06 Mitsibushi L200 Animal. 410nm TQ @ 2,200rpm.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293

copper plugs, one range colder than stock.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC

can you look in your owner's manual and give me the NGK or Denso part number for your stock plugs for that specific motor

and i will look it up and give you back the part number for the plug you need

thx
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:

Why you installing a thick HG?

Loopy

NGK BKR7EIX on 50hp BKR8EIX on 100hp BKR9EIX on 150+hp
    You could go to the full race plugs NGK R7435-8 but at £25 a pop and a short life keep them for special occasions
    Gap them to about 0.8mm and if its still not lighting then its either too rich or the coils on its way out, stick with Stock Mr T coil, its a good one.

iridium ? hrm
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster

my blog:

Loopy

Yeah, i know there are all sorts of rumours about Iridiums versus Coppers.
    I'm an ex Copper fan myself. Times change and things move on.
    As long as you can find the same sort of grade they work a lot better, last well and can actually take a bit of stick.
    Supprisingly the BS about a stronger spark seems true, they'll light what a copper can't.

There's a LOT of R&D gone into Iridiums over the last few years whereas development and even production of standard coppers is being phased out (and that came from NGK themselves)

Put it this way, 100% nitrous power gain, over 100lb's of gas on this set of 9's

Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whtcelionteins
    Why you installing a thick HG?
    i'm not, and realise why.

thanks for the replys guys.

Glad to see you aboard Loopy.

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;

what engine are you running loopy, and thank you for sharing !

-nuke

my blog:

ST182 rev 2 UK SPEC 3SGE iirc, c'mon loopy get some pics up of the Wizards of Nos motor.

Now playing with;

Loopy

'93 ST 182
    120,000 miles (av 8% leakage)
    K&N induction filter.
    Home brewed 2 1/4 mandrel exhaust.
    Magnecor KV85's
    95 octane (4 deg retard for the gas)
    Walbro 225 fuel pump
    FSE FPR
    The rest is totally standard and box stock.
    Well, apart from this;

A Wizards of NOS Streetblaster 150hp direct port, running full race progressive controller and 11lb bottle (ARC heated)
    + Co2 Fake purge kit

I'm trying to find any info on what the stock pistons are meant to take before i up the spray further.

12 years on and she still stops people in their tracks (and scares Scoobies)
    Last edited by Loopy; 02-16-2005 at 11:16 PM.

nice but i'd put a bigger exhaust on there for 320hp !

you're redicoulous man