CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default canister question

if u disconnect the hose that goes to the top of the canister that says to tank will the car spray gas from it?!? reason y i ask is my pump turns on but some1 told me it might not be working right how do i go about this?!?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you mean the charcoal canister? If thats it, no, you will not spew fuel, but vapors may be released from the tank, since this is where they are returned. The charcoal canister is nothing more than a filter, and can become clogged. If you need to have for emissions reasons, it can be replaced. I'm not sure what pump you're referring to, but assuming its the fuel pump, I don't see how the canister could affect it. If you do remove the canister or disconnect the lines, I would cap them since a fuel injected system pressurizes the tank having them open might affect it's abillity to do so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i tried disconnecting the fuel line that goes to the fuel filter and the whole filter was moving and i need to find out if my fuel pump is pumping enough gas

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

umm...what exactly is the problem your having?

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

dont cap the canister hoses, the fuel tank wont pressurize its a return system. To access your fuel pump its under the back seat. Does your car run? If so your fuel pump is working. When my pump failed the car would just magically turn off, then after a few minuetes it would come back on again.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I've got all mine capped and it works just fine. Still get the big whoosh from the pressure release at the gas pump too. According to alltracman, IIRC, it's not a return system, it comes from the tank and allows the car to use vapors from the tank to add to the fuel mix, thus sometimes resulting in a small mileage loss when removed.
    Last edited by grayscale; 03-27-2007 at 06:16 PM.

my car is starting but not getting gas as long as i spray starter fluid into it it will stay on but im not sure if my fuel pump is workin correctly ...w/e it is was workin 3 months ago since the cars been sitting

fuel pump turns on once i turn key and i think it stays on also isnt it supposed to stop after a few seconds?!?

Best thing to do- go to autoparts store that excepts returns, buy new pump, install, see what happens, note results here, remove new pump, return if you would like. Then you will know where to go from there. Have you removed the pump to check the strainer yet? Have you replaced your fuel filter yet?

my strainer didnt look to dirty and i changed my fuel filter about 4 months ago but the car sat for 3

Thread Information