CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto to stick

Default Auto to stick

I have a 2000 GTS that is stuck in park. In the worst case scenario and I need a transmission at only 92K is it an option to change to a manual transmission without a major overhaul? Will stuff bolt in?

I love the plastic trannys in 2000+ celicas

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Yea, if you get 6 Speed GTS tranny, it will bolt right up. Im guessing you'll prolly need a new ECU for a manual transmission, not 100% sure, but i know the thing will bolt right up.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

It's gonna require a lot of work (and probably money considering that the 7th gens are still fairly new), but I'm sure it's doable. I doubt your auto is done for though...probably just a bad lever or cable or something.

It's not really feasible that your car is stuck in park. All 'park' is is a pawl that sits in some grooves in a shell. Other than that, the trans is effectively in neutral. But like Nefarious said, it sounds like it's a shift cable or lever. Make sure to check around the shifter assembly on the trans for debris. I've found stones blocking arm movement on several occasions before.
    Last edited by waytooslow; 03-23-2007 at 07:01 AM.

I am really Embarrassed at this. The new cold air intake prevented the linkage from moving. I had no idea it was in the front like that. Moding to a short intake corrected this. Is there a cable adjustment for this linkage somewhere?

Thread Information