CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New '07 Si Vs 00 Gts?

so guys my friend just bought a brand new honda civic SI (197 hp 6spd), and has been nagging on me for a race...haha, what would your outake be on it? His SI is the new four door they just introduced...but from what i heard, the 4door is only 60 pounds heavier than the coupe version, so i'm not looking to see the four door as THAT much of a downside for him...my 00' gt-s has a TRD exhaust on it which apparently adds about 14...but i'm pretty sure the civic's torque is better than gt-s...right? v-tech VS vvtl-i should be interesting... any predictions? regardless, i'll still take him on haha, i just would like to know your opinions thanks

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

race and let us know.

Unless you contact vipmetal09 > Any stock 4cly fwd car.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atrac7gts
    ...my 00' gt-s has a TRD exhaust on it which apparently adds about 14...
    That would be at the flywheel. When I had my '01 GT-S dyno'ed I had an AEM intake and TRD exhaust -- I managed only about 14 HP increase, with maybe 9 ft/lbs torque gains over stock to the wheels (summer run).

Maybe you'll beat him, maybe you won't. Just don't bench race -- get to it and tell us the outcome.
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

-Special Needs Member-

2007 Civic SI vs 2000 Celica GT-S

197 hp vs 180 hp
    139 lb-ft vs 130 lb-ft

curb weight

2886 lbs vs 2425 lbs

the important thing to see here is the lbs/hp and lbs/lb-ft

Civic Si

14.6 lbs/hp, 20.8 lbs/lb-ft

Celica GT-S

13.47 lbs/hp, 18.7 lbs/lb-ft

So, due to the weight difference the celica slightly outperforms the civic assuming the power curves are similar enough. In the end it will be a tight drivers race IMO

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Err, the 7th gen GT-S makes 180 hp d00d.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

yeah it says 180 up there.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

ive seen this race
    gt-s wins

new si's (2 door) only manage mid to low 15's. my co worker also works at a hondadealership and says the 4 door manuals are slower then his car witch runs a high 15. and there over 3000 pounds for a 4 door. dont care waht website tells you otherwise the 4 doors sitting in his lot are all over 3k

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

The new SI's are quicker than a stock GT-S. I have seen one run 14.5 stock.

But I did race a new SI with an intake and beat it pretty bad. I think he was a bad driver though. That was back when I had the PowerFC on my car.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    2007 Civic SI vs 2000 Celica GT-S

197 hp vs 180 hp
    139 lb-ft vs 130 lb-ft

curb weight

2886 lbs vs 2425 lbs

the important thing to see here is the lbs/hp and lbs/lb-ft

Civic Si

14.6 lbs/hp, 20.8 lbs/lb-ft

Celica GT-S

13.47 lbs/hp, 18.7 lbs/lb-ft

So, due to the weight difference the celica slightly outperforms the civic assuming the power curves are similar enough. In the end it will be a tight drivers race IMO

You also have to remember that the new Civic SI is going by the new SAE ratings for HP and Torque. The GT-S 180hp ratings are on the old SAE rating system. The SI would be about 210HP on the old rating system.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

even at 210, this race is pretty tight and will be decided by the driver.

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

Stop bench racing!! I can't stand it...
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

-Special Needs Member-

haha. well, i switched over benching to the actual streets and i'm more than happy to say that i torched him. BUUUT....this is "tentative" i'd say, i'm pretty sure he completly missed 2nd from 1st, because his car went NOWHERE at the beginning, i just heard a horribly loud rev lol. stuck it in neutral far too long i s'pose...and afterwards he was complaining about "not being used to the civic's stick positioning" haha...excuses excuses. i'm taking him on again tomorrow though as a rematch. i'm not gonna lie, the car has pretty good torque, if he can get the shifting down

thanks for your input though, and to vip i wasn't aware of the whole "old" and "new" rating system when did that get put into effect anyways?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atrac7gts
    thanks for your input though, and to vip i wasn't aware of the whole "old" and "new" rating system when did that get put into effect anyways?

2006 I believe.

what are they doing in the new hp rating system as opposed to the old system? dont they just measure the engine's brake horsepower by putting it on an engine dyno?

no they measure it on an enigne dyno
    regardelss the new civic si not only weighs 500 pounds more then the gt-s it only puts down 10 more hp to the wheels.

Images

More like 386lbs and 30bhp over the Celica GT-S.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

i knew the gts would win.... depends all on the power to weight ratio. good job btw.

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    The new SI's are quicker than a stock GT-S. I have seen one run 14.5 stock.

But I did race a new SI with an intake and beat it pretty bad. I think he was a bad driver though. That was back when I had the PowerFC on my car.
    Whoa.... vids? I've never seen a stock one move faster than a 14.9 locally at least. I chucked one through the quarter earlier today and managed a 15.06 something or other. Muffed the launch a little, but i still don't see a half second improvement.

Thread Information