CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default FYI on venom nitrous kits

I just read the installation manual for venom nitrous.

I believe the creaters of this kit to be uneducated and their systems to be unsafe.

In the manual it clearly states that on a normal 0-1v O2 sensor that lean is 0-0.45 volts and that rich is 0.45 + volts and that their kit will kill nitrous flow if the engine is running in the 0-0.45 region for an extended period of time.

They have a red LED associated with 0-0.45 and a Green LED associated with 0.45-1 and it clearly states that if you see the red LED light up on a frequent basis when you are spraying then you should consider a fuel upgrade or switching to a lower nitrous nozzle.

compare that with the table on this page
    http://www.speedshop.org/store/Scrip...p?idproduct=67

and you will see that the guys at venom did not do their homeowrk.

on a narrowband ...0.92-0.96 volts will correspont to 13.0:1 to 11.5:1 which is where most FI cars make their peak power (depending on o2 sensor temps)... not very resolute, but it is no where near 0.45 (which is what venom seems to be using)

just something i thought interesting

-nuke
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A good read on 1/4 mile nitrous tuning, nitrous EGT numbers ...etc

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...0211gmhtp_nos/
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information