CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default my cars finally dead :(

so on friday on my way to work a lady in a bigass jeep t boned me, bent in the whole passenger side from the front wheel to the back wheel, me and my friend whwere rushed down to the hospital, but we are both fine, the lady didnt look good enought and she pulled out of a parking lot, and didnt see me ig uess, so anyway it was her fualt. she has state farm insurance and they are sending a person out to check out my car tommaorw, the car drove for a couple feet, then it stalled on me, the transmission stales in every gear, and it even does it n nuetral, and it wont move at all, i can only ge tit to roll foward in nuetral .

im thinkin about selling all the parts i had collected for my turbo, but only to people locally.

im thinkig of getting an 88 civic hatchback, and dropping a b18c1 in it

well see what happens.
    i miss my celica
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar
    carlosfandango has donated to the forums!

get a horse.

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;
    K6 Suzuki GSX1300R K6 Hayabusa. 9 sec qtr.
    RR-V Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
    06 Mitsibushi L200 Animal. 410nm TQ @ 2,200rpm.

glad you're ok mang!

that B18C1 swapped civic sounds good
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveSFE
    so on friday on my way to work a lady in a bigass jeep t boned me, bent in the whole passenger side from the front wheel to the back wheel, me and my friend whwere rushed down to the hospital, but we are both fine,
    im thinkig of getting an 88 civic hatchback, and dropping a b18c1 in it
    Glad you're ok.
    Stupid woman drivers.

Don't get a Civic! :lolhittin

Stick with the 'Yotas.

i just found a 91 crx si, wit new paint job wit no motor for 1200, ima check it out soon. the insuracne company is lagging like crazy so i got a lawyer. im also looking at an 87 supra wit 130000 on body but wit 15k on motor on autotrader. i think i would much rather have the supra, i would love to go drifting everyonce in a while
    i miss my celica

i miss my celica i have been driving in my momz 88 jetta, its so slow. i just want to have my own car again.
    i miss my celica

if the crx si has a quality paint job on it i'd grab that. otherwise it's not worth the money. you could get a decent shaped one for like 600 more and make that back in parts when you swap in the B18C1, especially if you get a JDM half-cut. You'd get 200 or so just for the damn gauge cluster.
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Get a 240SX shell and swap in an SR20. If I didn't have a Celica that's what I'd have for sure.

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Man, screw the b18. Go grab yourself a D series, maybe a mini-me, and boost the hell out of it.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu
    Man, screw the b18. Go grab yourself a D series, maybe a mini-me, and boost the hell out of it.
    What the hell is a "mini-me"? I've heard the term used before, but I don't know which engine it applies to.

i think sohc vtec engines not sure. those engines are quick when boosted

d-series non vtec block w/ a swapped vtec head... mini me. Theres a CRX with a turbo d16 doing 13.8 @ 103mph stock block.

BTW, how long have you had your Celica? Chances are when you go elsewhere(Honda, Mits, whatever) you'll want the Celica back....

Laters,

ive had my celica for about a year in a half, its my first car, i know im gonna miss the hell out of it, the crx isnt official yet, but im still looking. if i can find a 5th gen convertable ill get tthat since i have an all trac hood coming, and my turbo kit that is just lacking injectors, or if i can find a mr2 turbo for a good price cuz t hey look good
    i miss my celica

ive seen a vtec d series in a coupe run 11 seconds wit nitrous, it was funny because the engine looked all stock, no header, or itnake manifold or cam gears, it surprized alot of people, i think he ran a 13 something without the nitrous.
    i miss my celica

I have a friend with a crx with a b18 and a friend with a mini me hatch. None of them are that special, running low and mid 16s. If you were going to swap id say go with a 240 or even a celica, or you could buy an mr2 or an alltrac.

If you are interested I have a 5th gen gts shell that I really want to go to a swapper.

When you say you saw a Honda with "no header, intake etc" you mean that you saw stock parts. One thing I really like about Honda is the availability of extremely potent factory parts in the form of all of the overseas Type-R goodies that came on those cars, and the fact that so much of it is cross-compatible. I've seen a few very impressive "all OEM" Honda builds.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

I like the getting a horse idea..

when i say no header intake manifold or cam gears, i ment it was all stock

still havnt got the insurance money, so my options are open, the reason i want a honda is because most parts are cheap and easy to find. my friends gsr(b18c1) ran a 14.9 wit bolt on's, so i think i can do better with a b18c1 in a crx. but if i find a nice celica or mr2 im going for that.
    i miss my celica

Thread Information