CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default car over heating?

I just replaced my heatercore like 2 months ago, and ive had my car overheat twice since then. First time i added more anti-freeze then its fine... Today it did it again so i added more anti-freeze. I only used like half a gallon to fill it up. Is that low enough to make it overheat?

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

It all depends...

When you drained your antifreeze and filled it back up, did you get all of the remaining air pockets out of the lines?

Just a thought...
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Special Needs Member-

Did you replace the termostat at the same time?

I also would add a mix of antifreeze and water. Don't add just antifreeze unless its an emergency and you have nothing else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its a 50/50 mix. I'm thinking i didnt seal the heatercore properly. Where would you get the o-ring seals at?

the toyota dealership quoed me 303.84 for the heatercore... I dunno if they thought i wanted them to install it or what but MY GOD!

Seriously can someone help me figure our where the get the correct size o-rings for the heatercore to outside piping connection. The brass pipes that connect the heater core to the outside rubber house. There are metal clips that hold it but i think the rubber o-rings are missing maybe? Anyways im leaking anti-freeze and i would really like to know where to locate the o-rings for this particular area...

What kind of car do you have?

93 toyota celica st

Thread Information