CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 3gen cam buckets

Does anyone know where I can get the 3gen 3sgte cam followers or buckets? or
    used one's will also work at this.I'm putting them in a 2gen head so we can run higher lift cams

thats an interesting one..... what is the difference between the two types of buckets?(2nd gen and 3rd gen)? I assume they are avliable form toyota themselves if tuning shops can't help.....

I thought the main problem with high lift cams in a 2nd gen was the lobes clashing on the bucket guides in the casting? Could be totally wrong though!

I believe 1ZZ (gen7 engine) solid lifters work in the 2nd gen, they are not shim and bucket design- they come complete (integrated) in different sizes, and are lighter than the standard setup. Not sure on the cost of these though compared with others.

if your interested in 1zz's then have a read of this:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22752

The 3rd gen bucket/shim has the shim under the bucket, eliminating the shim flying out at higher lift.

But yes, you're better off running the ZZ buckets. Less weight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice one alltracman, that clears things up in my head- i've seen aftermarket cams advertised as "inner shim" or "outer shim" so that explains that one too!

Thanks

We are putting a higher lift cams in. We stared out with a 1 gen 3sgte head with .400 lift at 264 duration, with shimless buckets 1sz-fe which we got from pass racing.
    Now we are working on a 2gen 3sgte head cam has .426 lift 280 duration which we fill will work in the 1gen also, but now we need shim under buckets for more lift and maybe alittle more. But I don't know if the retainers are the same? Now here is the kicker we are using side draft 40 webers not a turbo, so I've
    gotten some imformation and the buckets are in Japan, England

280 duration- awesome

just a note on using a GTE head with carbs- would you not be better running a GE head instead? I'm no expert but the inlet ports in a GTE head look fearsomely large.....

as for the retainers i'm not sure as i've never played with a rev3 3S. Good luck with it though, sounds like an interesting project

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

They're still stupid big on the 3SGE...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Thread Information