CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Ok then. So I need nothing. I read some where that the 93at and 93gt have different size rotors. And ive also heard that the don't
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

I guess I'll add my .02 to this thread

Rotors: Brembo OEM replacement
    Calipers: Stock
    Pads: OEM
    Fluid: DOT 3

I LOVE the stock pads for normal everyday driving. I had ebc greens and they dusted like crazy and wore down very fast, and I am by no means a hard braking driver. I baby her like no other.

So for me, stock pads have been AMAZING as far as stopping power and low dust. I don't heat them up so I can't speak for fading, but for normal, everyday driving they are unbeatable IMO.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Can i use Hawk Brake pad with oem rotors? is it a good match or stick to oem pads
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Should be able to without a problem, just make sure you turn the rotors before you put new pads on.

Would stay away from race pads unless you need them though, they're more prone to make noise, dust and wear faster.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

okay cool the hawk pads are clearance at my job at $25.00
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

Just redid my whole brake setup, I've got Brembo drilled and slotted rotors, stock calipers (rebuilt), akebono ceramic pads, steel braided lines, dot 4 fluid. The car brakes much better than it did before and also brakes better than my 07 civic si.

new napa calipers. new napa rotors. carquest ceramic pads. synthetic dot3 very impressed with the ceramic pads good stopping power and almost no dust

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Q View Post
    does no-one on here think celica brakes are, errrm, how can I put this politely- faeces?

They are the worst brakes I've had on any car I've owned, and i've had a couple of shopping trolleys in the past. They are getting better though
    i agree, they are the worst brakes of all the cars i've driven in recent memory: i'm not even expecting to compare to my other 2 current cars, which are known for superb brakes (BMW E46 and Lotus Exige), but i want something that at least doesn't scare me on the street when i step on the brakes! i'm convinced that unless i am too picky about my brake performance (feel, bite, braking distance), something is very wrong with my car...?

my car is a '92 All-Trac. i have brand new goodridge stainless steel lines, ATE SuperBlue fluid, new OEM Toyota rotors, new OEM Toyota pads. i also fully rebuilt all 4 calipers with using OEM Toyota rebuild kit. for me, a car's suspension and brakes are #1 priority, so i don't skimp out on that (i'm an autocrosser hehe, so brakes/suspension before power mods!) i am not convinced toyota, when they sold this car new (which is basically what i've done to the car at this point with all brand new OEM parts), thought the brakes were sufficient, cos it's not...

anyways, before going to extreme measures (BBKs), i wanted to try changing a few things at a time. i want to try a different pad and see what that does-- so i came here searching to see what other people run. i'll give HPS a shot, since i've run them before.

my car is mostly a street car. occasional autox. prob. no track (road course) duty. i'm not asking for much. my family's old kia sephia braked better than this car (that car was only like 1900lbs, but still...)

Last edited by mike325ci; 08-31-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: added photo and a few more words

, Stock-ish (
    ) | NYC, NY, USA

Quote Originally Posted by mike325ci View Post
    i agree, they are the worst brakes of all the cars i've driven in recent memory: i'm not even expecting to compare to my other 2 current cars, which are known for superb brakes (BMW E46 and Lotus Exige), but i want something that at least doesn't scare me on the street when i step on the brakes! i'm convinced that unless i am too picky about my brake performance (feel, bite, braking distance), something is very wrong with my car...?

my car is a '92 All-Trac. i have brand new goodridge stainless steel lines, ATE SuperBlue fluid, new OEM Toyota rotors, new OEM Toyota pads. i also fully rebuilt all 4 calipers with using OEM Toyota rebuild kit. for me, a car's suspension and brakes are #1 priority, so i don't skimp out on that (i'm an autocrosser hehe, so brakes/suspension before power mods!) i am not convinced toyota, when they sold this car new (which is basically what i've done to the car at this point with all brand new OEM parts), thought the brakes were sufficient, cos it's not...

anyways, before going to extreme measures (BBKs), i wanted to try changing a few things at a time. i want to try a different pad and see what that does-- so i came here searching to see what other people run. i'll give HPS a shot, since i've run them before.

my car is mostly a street car. occasional autox. prob. no track (road course) duty. i'm not asking for much. my family's old kia sephia braked better than this car (that car was only like 1900lbs, but still...)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NF1ZxMRWEZ0/TH...2/IMG_6787.JPG
    I upgraded my 200hp 90 GT to run the same front and rear brakes you've got on your Alltrac. Car stops just fine. Then again, I've got a huge weight advantage. For the street I run Hawk HPS and for the track, I've used Hawk Black. Rear pads are stock for street and Axis Metal Masters for track.

For something as easy as Auto-X (from a braking perspective), the HPS pads in the front should be just fine. If not, try the HP+ though they will squeal a bit. I also hear that Carbotech makes some rotor friendly street friendly high performance pads so you could look into those as well.
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Holy shit... Adrian is still alive! Carbotech FTW..

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I'M KILLING IT k.beaty is on a distinguished road
    k.beaty has donated to the forums! k.beaty helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Holy shit... Adrian is still alive! Carbotech FTW..
    Which Carbotech pads are you running Joey?

I just got a set of XP8's. They're supposed to be quite a bit better than the Hawk HP+ pads that I was running last year. I can't wait to try on the Carbotech's.
    Kyle

1990 GT-S - Diamond wheel OG

i replace front brake caliper and disks from OEM size 255 mm(5 studs) ,to caliper from celica st202 or avensis 2.0 (code of caliper AISIN 40T28) with 2 pistons.also brake disk diameter is now 275mm much better from before.

Thread Information