CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Name this part and win! (no, not really)

.... That's right, name this part and then i'll be able to replace it on my car! (great prize, huh?)

I can't find it in the EPC, and I've tried searching every name i can think of. It's the bracket that the headlight motor mounts onto. The bracket itself then mounts onto the headlight assembly. Or maybe it's part of the headlight assembly... Ah hell i don't know. Anyway, I need a new one for the drivers side.

its one of them "bit wot holds da lamp motor ons" isnt it????

no idea of its real name

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

it's part of the assembly. i don't remember but isn't it spot welded together?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Quote Originally Posted by hookecho
    it's part of the assembly. i don't remember but isn't it spot welded together?
    Well considering i'm holding it in my hand right now, I really doubt it. Unless the spot welding robot took the day off when my car was made. Was just two bolts holding it on

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

wow! so you actually went through the trouble of holding it in your hand while posting.

anyway, thanks for answering my question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

No, it's not spot welded on. Simple sockets will get it off. What I'd try doing is going into a toyota dealership parts department. They will (at least try to) be able to give you a diagram of components for each part and you can probably identify it from their little computer screen map. I know which one that is though because I've yanked off a couple before.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Why would you want to pay a new price for it? I'm sure you've thought junkyard already, but if that's not an option for you, you might be able to get the whole assembly on here or eBay for cheaper. Put a post in the wtb forum with the pic, you'll probably get one real quick. CanadianCelicaGT is parting out a complete car right now.

I've been looking for a drivers side assembly for a while now, and the reason i posted about this part is I can't get a conclusive answer about weather or not that bracket comes with it. Plus, a new assembly picked up locally is cheaper than ordering one of ebay, for the two i've seen. It's not a light peice to have shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior
    It's not a light peice to have shipped.
    Tell 'em to take the headlight out of it.
    But like I said, post a pic of it in the buy/sell area and you'll probably find one.

Price for a new one is only 15.56 (our sale price). That bracket does come by itself. They're backordered, take about 3-7 days to get one. Part number is 54112-20030 for the left side. (if you're looking at an EPC, it should show them with the grille along with the other headlight surround stuff).

Ah, I see you don't want one, just want to know if it comes with the assembly, and the answer is.. sure, if wherever you buy a used assembly from leaves it on. A new headlight.. no, it wouldn't come with the rest of that.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Thanks T-spoon; i actually wanted to buy a new assy, and both myself and the parts counter guy couldn't figure out if it came with. I need the supports for the rest of the headlight anyway (part that peice in question bolts onto that the lamp is housed in) So i'll be ordering both new.
    Last edited by Melchior; 02-23-2007 at 04:05 AM.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

It's a bracket.

There's a black assembly at the local yard (I think). I could check into it for you. I can't validate that the light bulb is any good though
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

I actually don't need the lens, bulb or top cover. All i need is the black plastic surround and this part;

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior
    Well considering i'm holding it in my hand right now, I really doubt it. Unless the spot welding robot took the day off when my car was made. Was just two bolts holding it on

Reminds me of that superbowl commercial, so funny.

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Had you needed this a few months ago, I could have sold you one from my parts car ST.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Thread Information