CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Tire Question on the Rav

It's time to look at summer tires for my Rav4. Since I'm stupid about tires I thought I'd ask you guys. For now I'll be swapping the rubber back and forth on the stock rims.

Size is a 225/70/16. I noticed if I drop the sidewall 10% to a 225/60/16 I can use a Yokohama Avid Ascend. Anyone see any issues using a touring tire on a small SUV?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Speedo for sure, and perhaps ABS and Trac might be confused.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hmm... Tirerack.com says the size should be either 215/70/16 or 235/60/16. I'm guessing since my wheels are aluminum mine is supposed to have the 235's. Damn people who aren't me using the wrong tires, now I have to research this shit...

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

How about you check the door tag for the proper tire size?

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

That would make too much sense Joey, you should know by now I don't function that way.

Yeah, it's the 215/70's. I guess I'm gonna go with some Yokohama Geolandars. Too bad, I wanted to put something cool on it.

Thanks KJ.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

smh...

Parts guy working on cars...

smh.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    smh...

Parts guy working on cars...

smh.
    Hey! We can learn.. eventually..
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

Lol. I was wondering when you'd jump on here.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Hey! We can learn.. eventually..
    When's that gonna happen? I've been doing this for eight years.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CriScO View Post
    When's that gonna happen? I've been doing this for eight years.
    It's ok, David harasses me on a regular basis.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Speaking of which, David, I should have some free time in the next two weeks if you still need help w/ stinky.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Speaking of which, David, I should have some free time in the next two weeks if you still need help w/ stinky.
    Yar, the bushing replacement stuff would not be fun by myself in the slanty driveway, I'll give you a hollar later
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

2wd Rav4?
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

No. 4WD.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Wanting a street tire or all terrain?

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Images

Street. I got it for the snow, the rest of the time I drive it like a giant Celica. The Hankook studded snow tires on there now squeal around almost every turn I make, lol!

Unfortunately my options are limited. The dealership is having a buy three get one for a dollar sale next month, which I get my employee discount on top of. So I've got to stick to a few brands and types.

In the correct size and available options the Yokohama Geolandars seem to be a good deal. Decent brand, not too expensive. Looks like after tax I'll get them for $450.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

Geolanders are a decent tire from my experience. I've sold and installed a bunch of them over the years and no one has ever complained about them.
    Last edited by KoreanJoey; 03-20-2013 at 04:33 AM.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

I'd get Michelin defender's

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    fixed.
    –verb (used with object)

Images

True but great tire

Thread Information