CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default 2ZZ-GE vs. 2JZ-GE

Back to the abandoned air strip. I lined up my '01 GT-S (intake) with an '03 Lexus IS 300 (intake, header, 3" Exhaust). It was very close. He wouldn't let me go from a 45mph roll which would have been in lift for me.. but he wanted to go from a 40mph roll which takes a few seconds for me to get to lift. Here's the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itH566KlSiE

*edit: forgot to mention I had a passenger in my car, and he was hy himself.
    Last edited by vip09; 02-04-2007 at 10:15 PM.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    Back to the abandoned air strip. I lined up my '01 GT-S (intake) with an '03 Lexus IS 300 (intake, header, 3" Exhaust). It was very close. He wouldn't let me go from a 45mph roll which would have been in lift for me.. but he wanted to go from a 40mph roll which takes a few seconds for me to get to lift. Here's the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itH566KlSiE

*edit: forgot to mention I had a passenger in my car, and he was hy himself.
    Considering IS300's are already WAY heavier than a 7g, I doubt the passenger mattered /too/ much. Definitely close, that's a pretty quick IS.

that lexus driver SUCKS
    he mis shitfed every single gear and bounced off the revv limiter.

dosent look like an abandoned air strip to me with all those other cars around

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 91 celica st
    that lexus driver SUCKS
    he mis shitfed every single gear and bounced off the revv limiter
    Umm.. no.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

there was no mishifting foo! I got a good earload of sound shooting that. He had to be a good driver to keep up with ryan, hes got forgies and all its all stock. Just unbolted

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Lexus IS-300 is probably going to be my next car. But that mr2 could have smoked both of you.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

cool vid but why say it was an abandoned air strip. you must have been on your way there. :luvydunno

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

airplanes land on the intersate in alabama, duh

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus20v
    Lexus IS-300 is probably going to be my next car. But that mr2 could have smoked both of you.
    I meen lets be honest its a mr2 it has the best platform lol.. but..

from a dig I think that car would of destroyed you. Those is300s areally arent that fast. You have a lighter car that takes off top end with lift you should win in a roll race...
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

They aren't fast... but they aren't slow, either....

Plus.... 2jzgte is direct bol;t0-n, whioch is enoug reason yto buy ne for me.

Lol.... good luck readiy that shit

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    I meen lets be honest its a mr2 it has the best platform lol.. but..
    I would love to have a 89 mr2 with a JDM 4agze in it. Maybe that will be the next project someday.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar

I was only joking... but.. that would be awesome.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Images

did you see the mr2 flyby! he was obviously holding back alot, as he could have easily destroyed them, by the way he has a bolted exhaust.

bolted stock exhaust?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Images

yep, complete bolt on stock exhaust, he doesnt run 14.7s though.

yes. someone missed everysingle shift
    who else can hear that?
    it was either you or the IS

you got to watch out for that bolted stock exhaust, it adds alot of hp.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i'm going bolted then.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Images

yes. someone missed everysingle shift
    who else can hear that?
    it was either you or the IS
    I would like to know how you came about this conclusion considering you wernt there....

and yes bolted is the best way to achieve superiorness

Quote Originally Posted by andy10889
    I would like to know how you came about this conclusion considering you wernt there....

and yes bolted is the best way to achieve superiorness
    becuase you can clearly hear him bouncing off the revv limiter

just watched it again and heard the same thing

Images

becuase you can clearly hear him bouncing off the revv limiter

just watched it again and heard the same thing

The camera has a shitty microphone.. the exhaust was so loud that the microphone was clipping the sound which made it kind of sound like a rev limiter.

Images

ryan you do get redicuoulsly close to the reve limiter

^^ of course.. he ran a 14.7 you know.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

I bounced the rev limiter in 3rd gear the other day.... it was the funniest shit ever.

Especially with my now-open-header again.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa-kuunnngggggggPOP-whaaaaaaaa-kuunnnngggggPOP

And it was stupidly slow... like one cycle every 2 seconds. Amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    The camera has a shitty microphone.. the exhaust was so loud that the microphone was clipping the sound which made it kind of sound like a rev limiter.
    sounds like rev limiter to me. but if you say its that then okay.

who was the otehr driver anyway?

Thread Information