CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default '01 GT-S vs. MR2 vs. '94 ST

So the other night we were sitting around and had a debate whether the MK1 '87 MR2 (4A-GE w/ intake) or '94 Celica ST (7A-FE w/ intake, exhaust) was faster. To settle this debate, we snuck out to an abandoned air strip to line them up. andy10889 got in my car with the video camera, and we had another passenger in my back seat. Chase car specs: '01 celica gt-s w/ intake. Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOYdXoehy4

*Note: At the 15 second mark if you look closely you can see an aircraft taking off.. it came out of nowhere.

*edit: Forgot to mention we started from 30mph.
    Last edited by vip09; 02-04-2007 at 09:06 PM.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

In conclusion, MR2 is the superior platform. period

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

'08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

-Special Needs Member-

it's a st celica what did u expect?

and the mr2 has the ge engine

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    So the other night we were sitting around and had a debate whether the MK1 '87 MR2 (4A-GE w/ intake) or '94 Celica ST (7A-FE w/ intake, exhaust) was faster. To settle this debate, we snuck out to an abandoned air strip to line them up. andy10889 got in my car with the video camera, and we had another passenger in my back seat. Chase car specs: '01 celica gt-s w/ intake. Here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOYdXoehy4

*Note: At the 15 second mark if you look closely you can see an aircraft taking off.. it came out of nowhere.

*edit: Forgot to mention we started from 30mph.
    yes, yes it does

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

In conclusion, MR2 is the superior platform. period
    omgz a drag racing thread worthy of reading!
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

race the st vs andys 3rd gen
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

We already did. I won.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

justin you fag, i need to tune up my 22re and we will try again, ive got some ign problems i think. Race the 5th gen for a real challange. Or perhaps and endurance race?

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

even with that crap 3.48 rear gear u got u still should have gotten away from him, i raced a gts with my stx, wont the 1st time, 2nd time he had me by 65mph,

yeah he went home and did a tue up and got a cat back system with a high flow cat

i pulled away from a 91 gts 2 days ago......

andy u got work ahead of u
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

In conclusion, When i stepped on the gas, my 7th gen roasted them both
    *fixed*

Lol did the person with the st REALLY think they had a change? Although it did look like the mr2 started a little ahead of the celica.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by Cavanagh
    *fixed*

Lol did the person with the st REALLY think they had a chance? Although it did look like the mr2 started a little ahead of the celica.
    No, I didn't really. Nothing wrong with just for fun. The mr2 did start a little ahead, but I really don't think it made much of a difference. Where is that other video of the last run ryan?
    1994 Celica ST 282k and back in action!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Celica's cuter!

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Oh Sean.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Oh Aaron.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by at200st
    No, I didn't really. Nothing wrong with just for fun. The mr2 did start a little ahead, but I really don't think it made much of a difference. Where is that other video of the last run ryan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttdBXJ5mIuc

Thread Information