CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Default FEELER: Official CelicaTech 'Bring Back the Celica' Petition Thread

Discuss.

I can handle this if you want.

If you guys would like to send me a brief note with you signature in my mail, I can put them in a box and send it to Toyota.

Again....discuss.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by udstuengt
    If you guys would like to send me a brief note with you signature in my mail, I can put them in a box and send it to Toyota
    It won't make a difference, as they had killed the Celica due to sales... They won't bring the car back because of a silly letter from a message board.

Sorry to sound so blunt, but I just don't think it will do any good...
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Special Needs Member-

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

whats it going to help?

Celicas didnt sell in the 2k's... they stopped making them and made a similar sport compact under a different name for a really cheep price tag... and thats why they sell..

but the toasters on wheels... I duno why they did this.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Kool_Aider

The Tc replaced the Celica but I'd still rather have a Toyota sports car than a Scion "sporty" car anyday. We will always wonder what a 8th gen Celica would have looked like. Hope they would have brought back the All-Trac 3S-GTE version.

Toyota still has the plans for the earlier celicas. They should re-birth the 5th gen all trac with newer technology and a more powerful 3sgte.

That would sell, not that shitty 7th gen junk they made that caused sales to fall off.

They should go retro and reviove the 1st gen. Rwd, getrag 6speed and the sti boxer engine (Since they wil soon own subaru) now that would be a cool car. Of course, I doubt it will happen.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

I would never buy a 7th gen. I haven't really heard anything good about them...or at least I haven't heard the praise that the earlier (especially 5th) generations get.

I think the decision to pull the Celica from the market was a tough one for Toyota, seeing as it's a very long running, successful car. Thus, they probably made a very informed assumption that the car had reached the end. I haven't been very happy with Toyota for doing that, since they left a gaping hole in their family of cars that say "PLACE SPORTS CAR HERE".

You would think they would have replaced it with something...but alas, disappointment.

Look at it this way, at least we still have our older "Toys" to play with.

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

Toyota doesn't care about their image, unless that image directly translates into profit. An image of high-quality, reliable cars that offer usable design, is far more profitable for them than an image of sportiness...and they've got more than enough things to do to keep up that image...
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Well then as far as I'm concerned, the company will only lose an entire base of customers. I don't know of many 18-28ish guys who really want a Camry or Solara. Corolla XRS...maybe. It's still pushing the "family car" too much.

This is really my opinion, but I don't know of anybody who disagrees with me, at least personally.

A car company like Toyota, who produces vehicles in all kinds of areas (trucks, sedans, minivans, and sports cars) should ALWAYS have something in each category to appeal to each consumer base.

I myself would currently buy nothing that Toyota has out right now. I would go elsewhere if I was looking for a new car, like Mazda. Look at the Mazdaspeed 6 and the RX-8. Both amazingly beautiful sports cars, yet functional as well.

Why can't Toyota do that? If it's about profit, well then they need to jump on the bandwagon and start reaching out to those younger, speed-oriented folks like us with cash to spend on new cars.

Sorry, I meant to say practical instead of functional. My bad.

Oh and uh, I don't have cash to spend on new cars, and I didn't mean that most of us do. Simply that there ARE a lot of people out there like us (who like our sports cars) and have the 'bank' to purchase a new car.

This site is pretty heavily made up on 5th gen owners so of course you hear lots of good things about them.

Personally I agree that considering Toyota's current line-up they've got everything covered except the sports car, and there is nothing new I would buy. Get us a nice awd or rwd car that's well balanced, good looking, and powerful. Thinking something to take on the WRX and the like. Cars don't have to sell as widely as the Corolla or Camry to have a positive impact on the company's profit numbers and image.
    1988 Toyota Celica GT Convertible
    -Sony CDX-MP40 Head Unit -3½" Boston Acoustics FX3 -6x9" Boston Acoustics FX9³
    -TWM short shifter -Jasper Remanufactured 3S-FE -Hella E-Spec H4 Conversion
    -Flowmaster muffler -Electron cloth top -KYB AGX & GR-2 -Eibach Pro-kit springs
    -Centerline Storm 17x7 -Firestone 205/40/17 Wide Oval

wish it was 1993 again with the good ol 3 toyota powerhouses, mr-2, celica, supra

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CandianCelicaGT
    That would sell, not that shitty 7th gen junk they made that caused sales to fall off.
    Quote Originally Posted by supra97
    I would never buy a 7th gen. I haven't really heard anything good about them...or at least I haven't heard the praise that the earlier (especially 5th) generations get....
    Why is there so much hate/hostility toward the 7th Gen? I honestly don't understand...
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

-Special Needs Member-

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

the more i look at 7th gen's the more i like em. i have nothing against them and would definately own one.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane
    Why is there so much hate/hostility toward the 7th Gen? I honestly don't understand...
    Ya, i dont know why so many people are hating on the 7th gen. I love them, except i would be quite picky with mine, i would have to have a gt-s 6 speed...i think the other gens are jealous because they are the fastest of the gens. nah really i dont know why people hate them, i love all gens of celicas.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

I dislike the 7th gen because it isn't a celica, it's a tercel on steroids. And we all know what happens when you use steroids, yes, you "perform" better, but something is lost, something shrinks. And with the 7th gen, the level of fun is just about gone. Drive a 5th gen, then drive a 7th gen, that's why I don't like them.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

7 gens grow on you. There will most likely be a 7 gen in my future

CandianCelicaGT, where you get Tercel from?

The 7 gen is 22lbs lighter than my ST and the GTS has 90+hp more!
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Yeah the 7th gen is faster, but I dunno...I went to carsurvey.org before I bought my 5th gen and researched all generations, and I had trouble finding any major problems with the 5th over the 7th.

I dunno...I like how they look, but it's almost like Toyota just didn't care anymore and shoved more power in but sacrificed the quality we've all come to know and love.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

ill prolyl end up buying a 7th gen... the only problem is they look like such girly cars...
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

I'd drive a 7th gen. I would love to have a 99 swapped celica convertible though. BUt we'll see.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

7th gen is just not as reliable as all the previous celicas. I heard the hood scoop cools off the brakes?

Also i see a TON of 7th generation celicas here in dayton ohio, and guess what? ALL RICED OUT. I want a reliable car that is fast, not a fast car that blows up.

Dont get me wrong ive never owned a 7th gen, probable never will. But they sell for like 7k right now thats a HUGE price drop for a newier car.

I dislike the 7th gen because it isn't a celica, it's a tercel on steroids. .
    Hmmmm....I've always thought it was more of a 2 door Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by cms-gt4
    They should go retro and reviove the 1st gen. Rwd, getrag 6speed and the sti boxer engine
    Yeah, I like the first gen retro idea .... my first car was a '75 Celica ST I bought offa my dad when I got out of college in '80 ....was cool car (although I believe it was 2nd gen, perhaps ???) rwd

It would be great to bring back the celica. But...

There is not much money in building sports cars. Toyota is smart, they are building plain and simple cars like the prius, camry, and "sporty wanna be cars" like the scions".

Most people want fuel economy, reliability, ease of maint, and safety, not a turbo gas pig like a supra. Most people do not need a 12-14 second car....

The truth is 90% of the population are happy driving their stock accords, civics, and camrys and thats where toyota will make its money. Its all about making $$$ and thats it.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

^^ I agree there. I see the next generation of drivers being more worried about fuel economy and safety more than power, there will all ways be the people who want fast but most have the motivation to swap to a high performance motor. When you look back you can see the fazes performance car drivers have gone through, the muscle car when you either had a big motor or you didnt, you didnt have many people tryin to add power to a useless platform know today as "ricing", then the sport compact started up with powerfull 4cylinders and v6's in light compact cars and then people started worrieing about safty so we get the civic(hehe) but there were still the few who wanted to go fast but didnt know what to do so we got "ricers". Toyota knows it can make more money by making a car that looks good and has 100hp and is safe and economic.

I dislike the 7th gen because it isn't a celica, it's a tercel on steroids. And we all know what happens when you use steroids, yes, you "perform" better, but something is lost, something shrinks. And with the 7th gen, the level of fun is just about gone. Drive a 5th gen, then drive a 7th gen, that's why I don't like them.
    deserves a stupidity ........

Thread Information