CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Mitsu Lancer Evo WTF?

I dont understand why the evo's are like 30k++ when they are only putting out 120ish hp and not much more torque...so its AWD and looks fancy...it better come fast stock for that much $$$

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Are you joking?

Lancer Evolution's have 276HP and are in the same class as a Subaru WRX STi.

They're fast.....
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

^^ I just figured that out and when I came to change my post youve allready told me When I looked on auto trader I was like WTF no way but upon further investigation I found auto trader is wrong mkay

I think they're at 286hp, but I'm not sure.

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light
    TheNefariousOne has donated to the forums!

Search for the Fifth (or is it Top...? I'm drawing a blank here) Gear episode where they run an Evo against a Lambo. Very interesting to say the least lol

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

ugh. There mid 13 second cars at stock boost totally stock from the factory. There amazing cars if you ever get to ride in one.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

I gots the V-TEC y0! hyoctane will become famous soon enough hyoctane's Avatar
    hyoctane has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut
    I dont understand why the evo's are like 30k++ when they are only putting out 120ish hp and not much more torque...so its AWD and looks fancy...it better come fast stock for that much $$$

Big difference between the two as people have alread pointed out... Spot the poser Evo:

I can't wait until I own my IX!
    '08 Acura TSX | K24A2 | 6-speed

-Special Needs Member-

horrid looking and the interior is cheap, its about as bad feeling as a caviler interior

wrx sti ftmfw +1
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I'm with the Brotha. Subaru is better, as I'm not a fan of Mitsubishi reliability.

You all are Mitsubishes.
    --Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by 91stxman
    horrid looking and the interior is cheap, its about as bad feeling as a caviler interior
    It (was) a homologation car. Expecting a full interior form one is retarded.
    Morwan Osman
    Navy Gloss '90 Celica
    Self-hating Toyota fanatic and bench racer.

Images

Subaru did it?
    --Aaron

4 door sports car FTL,

Celica All-Trac > Evo/STi

The TrailBlazer SS is just so un-noticed and you could buy a used AWD one for about $25k, not bad for 400hp AWD factory lowered SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwan
    It (was) a homologation car. Expecting a full interior form one is retarded.
    The Alltrac WAS a homologation car, that came with luxury interior. I however wish it did not, to help keep the price closer to the awd eclipse and to keep weight down.

Part of what keeps the evo down to 30 is the cheap interior. To give a good chasis, advanced awd and a well engineered motor, they got to skimp somewhere.
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

stop with the domestic comparisons already.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2kSnakEater
    4 door sports car FTL,

The TrailBlazer SS is just so un-noticed and you could buy a used AWD one for about $25k, not bad for 400hp AWD factory lowered SUV.

You're an idiot...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kSnakEater
    4 door sports car FTL,

I notice SUVs.

They're usually in my way or trying to change lanes and run over me.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon
    I notice SUVs.

They're usually in my way or trying to change lanes and run over me.
    Amen

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane
    Big difference between the two as people have alread pointed out... Spot the poser Evo:

It's NOT a "poser Evo".
    No more so than a regular ST/GT Celica is a poser Alltrac, or a Subaru Impreza is a poser STI.....

It's simply a Lancer.

They do have cheap interiors though.
    I forget sometimes how much crappierr alot of the competition is than Toyota.....

Images

Our interiors are actually pretty good grade and future comparable with other cars.

Toyota has always been ahead in quality though.

I've test driven an STi and an Evolution IX. They both had they're points, but if given the choice, I'd take the STi every time. It's a better car and carries Subaru quality.

Again, I'm leary of Mitsubishi.
    --Aaron

Images

Oh and for the Trailblazer SS...

They run about $27,500 for a used one on Ebay.

I'd rather have a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Faster and not a GM POS.
    --Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by udstuengt
    Oh and for the Trailblazer SS...

They run about $27,500 for a used one on Ebay.

I'd rather have a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Faster and not a GM POS.

$27k still isnt bad, I have my reservations about any Chrysler product. Last one I had the Tranny was total junk and most all my friends complain about the brakes being bare enought to stop the car/truck. Plus the LS2 is an incredible engine

I guess nobody remembers the Typhoon/Syclone.

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

*sigh*

subaru reliability? Tell that to all the subaru owners that are on their second or fifth transaxle.
    or third engine.
    sti OR evo , stock to stock, will whip an all trac's ass, all day long.
    and fucking ls1 chevy stuff too.
    the typhoon and syclone aren't forgotten. very rare, and it's still GM quality. or lack thereof.
    the lancer is an economy car, and it shows.
    the evo is a car that mitsu had to re-work alot to get into this country.
    but it's still a mitsu.

If toyota would get off it's lame ass and build SOMETHING to compete with the evo, sti, 350z, etc, you'd robably see something nice.
    But toyota is too busy making a 380 HP goddamned truck to compete with ford and shoveitorleaveit.
    and it still won't compete with the diesels. imagine that.

ok sorry

/end rant.
    ae86+3sgte+supra=fun........

CelicaTech Supporter TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light TheNefariousOne is a glorious beacon of light

All-Trac yes, ls1, no. LS1s are consistently running low 13s stock which is exactly what the Evo/Sti runs. As for the truck, Toyota is vying for the second biggest segment in the American market...they already dominate the midsize sedan segment. Toyota's whole thing now is grabbing the number 1 spot I think. They could care less about niche markets like AWD turbo vehicles at this point.

Resident Certified Toyota Mechanic Rix86 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by TheNefariousOne
    All-Trac yes, ls1, no. LS1s are consistently running low 13s stock which is exactly what the Evo/Sti runs. As for the truck, Toyota is vying for the second biggest segment in the American market...they already dominate the midsize sedan segment. Toyota's whole thing now is grabbing the number 1 spot I think. They could care less about niche markets like AWD turbo vehicles at this point.
    looking for the #1 truck market that is predicted to start falling off now.
    HA!
    damn toyota for selling out.
    ae86+3sgte+supra=fun........

As soon as I posted that I was thinking the same thing haha. I was just too lazy to go back and edit. Toyota's been selling out for years though. Giving the FWD Celicas all shitty engines, doing away with the All-Trac for the 6th gen, pretty much completely wiping away any sporty image the Corolla ever had, etc etc etc.

Thread Information